cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DDIC_ACTIVATION Error solman EHP1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am updating the solman 7.0 to EHP1. I am facing the DDIC activation error and error as below. I have tried to apply the sap note no 1256384 but not success. The SAP india has suggested me to do the same manually but I am getting error as "user id locked by SAINT".

Now SAP told me to ignore this error. Can u please guide me (exact menu path) that how to ignore this error ?

Error as below:

-

the error can be seen in SAPAIBIIP9.SM2:

4 EDT012XActivate table "UMGSIUUC1"

4 EDT181 Key field "F19" has unpermitted type "RAWSTRING"

4WEDT135 Flag: 'Incorrect enhancement category' could not be updated

4 EDT013 Table "UMGSIUUC1" was not activated

Thanks & Regards

Vimal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

Here's the quickest way, only a few minutes provided you have a developer key and a modification key of program RADTBCHK: go to SE38 and edit RADTBCHK in change mode, then perform manual corrections provided in SAP note 1256384.

Be careful with deltas of form FIELDS_SETCHECKS: this is NOT an error to have the same deltas, they exist several times !

Use search function to locate contexts, and replace button to make changes.

Then activate the program and release the transport before going on with SAINT.

Kind regards,

Christophe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am trying to update this note manually because I am in the middle of my SPAM upgrading from EHP1 SP02 to SP05. I guess the fix i put in before the EHP1 upgrade is not fixed till SP03 and thus I have the problem again. RADTBCHK is in a state right now with SPAM that I cannot change it.

Carry out modification comparison for REPS RADTBCHK first. No changes possible is the message I get.

When I run SPAU i cant figure out how to get it into a state where I can make changes.

Any help would be appreciated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

used oracle to delete entries in pat01 and pat03.

spam became clean, put note in. added to queue again, but it thinks it is not empty. failed on check_requirements.

Former Member
0 Kudos

deletion of table entries etc. just led to more errors. WIll restore and start over now that I know more about the SAP bugs that exist in this upgrade.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Christhope B., excelent your contribution, i had the same problem exactly like Vimal Pathak, of "Activate table "UMGSIUUC1" on the process of a upgrade Solution Manager 7.0 SP17 to EHP1" with SAINT and SNOTE stucked because DDIC_IMPORT, but after the manual perform of note:1256384 the upgrade run smooth.

Thanks for sharing.

Kindest regards.

Cesar Hurtado.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Chrispoth's solution works fine!!

A great solution, congratulations.

Edorta.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello

i faced the same problem today

here is how i tackled it

saw the recommendation to import the note too late

created the transport in other system, the import was successful, however as mentioned above, the result was the same :

in se11 the UMGSIUUC1 was giving errors on F19 field when checked

So i had no choice but to try to reset the SPAM queue, it is not a pleasant job to do in DDIC_Activation phase

se16- deleted the entries in debug mode in PAT01 and PAT03 tables and SPAM queue was green

then to SNOTE and reimported the NOTE and the UMGSIUUC1was now ok

then i got the error OCS queue not empty and needed to delete the TP buffer which was showing the packages from before resetting the queue

Now the DDIC Activation phase has passed and i am hoping everything will finish smoothly

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Yavor,

How can you reset the queu?, Note: My existing backup is some obsolete.

I obtain the next message:

You cannot reset the queue from import phase 'DDIC_ACTIVATION'

The queue has been processed up to import phase 'DDIC_ACTIVATION'. This means that objects or system information have already been imported into your system.

You cannot reverse this import or correct any errors by resetting the queue status. If you reimport this queue or a modified queue you risk causing more errors and inconsistencies that can render your system unusable.

and second question,

How to delete TP buffer ?

Edit:I use SAINT

thanks for sharing your experiencie

Edited by: Manfred Kaufmann on Nov 28, 2009 1:30 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is a way round this if you have a 2 system landscape.

Implement note 1256384 in one system create a transport then import the transport into the other system.

Remember of-course to save the buffer first.

I did this and now the Import continues.

Regards

Alan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

You should be able to apply Note 1256384 manually by editing the code even if the SAINT is locking SNOTE.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks

Please let us know that how to do the same. Because whenever I am trying it ...it show that user is locked by SAINT.

Does it required to unlock users or objects if yes then how ?

Even it does not allow us to change the object thru se38 ? Same error message

Thanks & Regards

Vimal

Former Member
0 Kudos

We applied the note (1256384 ) manually, it passes the checks and activates, but has no impact, you still get the activation error. So if the note does not work, and if SAP are suggested ignoring the activation, how do you get SAINT to ignore this error ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we 've got the same problem!

Do a System-reset form Backup! Then implent the mentioned note 1256384 before starting the Upgrade.

Then it will work fine!

We tried following "comand tp r3i all SMS pf=D:\usr\sap\trans\bin\TP_DOMAIN_SMS.PFL -

Dclientcascade=yes -Dstoponerror=8 -Dsourcesystems= tag=SPAM U06" as we got a Syntax Error in SAINT later on.

So we've got to do the reset after 3 days trying everything else to complete the upgrade.

Best Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

With the help of SAP we managed to get around the issue. We applied the note 1256384 , the I mentioned was down to the note not being implemeted properly.

Once the note was implemented you could activate the table UMGSIUUC1 using SE11.

You must ensure that the transport that is created is released. If not then you will get syntax errors with a lot of Basis transactions (SAINT, SE38, SE37 etc).

This is caused by an entry in the TADIR table, the object you edited will have a status of repair "R" you will need to log onto the database and use SQL to replace the object version from R to a ' ' (space).

Then you can use the command :

"comand tp r3i all SMS pf=D:\usr\sap\trans\bin\TP_DOMAIN_SMS.PFL -

Dclientcascade=yes -Dstoponerror=8 -Dsourcesystems= tag=SPAM U06"

to get by the syntax error. Once the Basis package as re-imported all the Syntax errors will disappear.