cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access Seq - Exclusive indicator - How does it work

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

For one of the Access seq in pricing we maintin 2 tables. Acc to the buss process ,

IF I TICK THE EXCLUSIVE INDICATOR - What does it do?

I know that If i maintain record in 1st key combination system will read the record and it won't go to the search the next key combination.

If i don't maintain the record in 1st combination will it go the 2nd key comb record? or it will stop without even searching in 2nd key combination?

Pls suggest.

Thanks

Mahe

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

If i don't maintain the record in 1st combination will it go the 2nd key comb record? or it will stop without even searching in 2nd key combination?

It will go to the second key combination table as per your query

With Exclusive indicator system stops searching records only after successful hit

That means when it finds condition record in any one of the key combination table successfully then it stops

Suppose if there are three key combination tables and exclusive is marked in all three

First key combination table you dont maintain record

Second key combination table you maintain record

Third key also combination table you maintain record

Here system will stop searching after the second key combination table

First key combination there is no record so it will go to second

second key combination table there is record system will pick that and stop

It will not go to third key combination table even if a record is there because it had an successful hit in second key combination table

Indicator: Exclusive condition access
Controls whether the system stops searching for a record after the first successful access for a condition type within an access sequence.

This is the SAP explanation of your query and successful is the key word here

You need to test this to understand

Regards

Raja