cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Save license number of truck and send it by EDI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We would like to save the license number of the trucks transporting a delivery in the delivery-document.

Do you have an idea how this could be realised?

Is there a standard solution?

Thank you very much.

Best regards,

Thomas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use the field LIKP-TRAID, in header data, shipment, field TrsnIDCode (check the text of F1).

After, in the Idoc DESADV01, check if in the segment definition of E1EDK08 : IDoc: Document header shipping notification (delivery) the field TRAID is populated.

I hope this helps you

Regards,

Eduardo

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would ask how are you collecting this license number? Is it coming to you in an EDI transaction or you scanning the information at some point when the truck is being prepared for shipping?

In other words, at what point in the overall process is this update supposed to happen?

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are collecting this number manually when the truck arrives. The number should be collected before charging (at same time as the Good Issue).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry for the delay in my reply. And please excuse my lack of knowledge. I'm still a little unclear as to the process. Are you the customer, the distributor, or the supplier?

Once you collect the license number, where do you enter it? What document are you working with in SAP? The Delivery document? What IDoc are you generating from that document?