cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different Version PI 7.0 and SPROXY

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am doing ABAP Server Proxy scenarios and I am facing a very different issue in the look and feel of the UI.

My current PI version is PI 7.0 EHP1.0 SP4 in which my icon in interface objects appear as MESSAGE INTERFACE.

Now when after configuring settings in the ECC 6.0 , when I go to SPROXY to create proxy I find my Message Interface appearing as "SERVICE INTERFACE" in Sproxy. Interestingly the message from the XI is successfully reaching the ECC 6.0 ,

as I can also view my message in SXMB_MONI of ECC6.0 where the messages are in green flag status as a result of which my values from the structure are not getting updated in the table where I intend to do.

Now I have a doubt that weather this Message Interface in PI and the Service Interface in ECC 6.0 might be the reason for this

failure of the execution of the proxy class generated.

When I try to independently checking the code then the values are getting populated in the Table where I intend to do.

Regards

Nishant Kumar Singh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you register your queues in ECC 6.0 (SXMB_ADM)?

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Heinrich,

I have not registered my queues in SXMB_ADM of ECC 6.0 .

Any specific reason for that?

Regards

Nishant

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need to do that in order to receive the XML messages in the ECC. SXMB_ADM -> manage ques or SMQR.

VJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi VJ,

Although I have not registered my queues in ECC but still I am able to see the message in SXMB_MONI in ECC . Although the message is in status with green flag but the message has definately reached ECC. I suppose in this case I need not to register my queues in SXMB_ADM in ECC ?

Regards

Nishant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sure you have to register the queues. Otherwise the ECC won't be able to process your message automatically. The same would happen in your PI, if you don't register the queues.

The message reached ECC, yes. You see the green flag, yes. But you don't see the finished flag and you don't have the new data, because your message isn't processed. Register the queues in ECC just the way you have to do it in PI and your message will be processed automatically.

If you don't want to register the queues, you have to process the messages manually in SMQ1 and SMQ2.

Regards

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi nishant,

I would suggest you to check slg1 and st22 for more information

Regards

Suraj

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nishant,

That should not be a problem,

You may be interested in this blog

Note 1299552 - SAP NetWeaver Portal Platform NW701, EhP1 SP4

Also check SM58 of SAPECC.

Regards

Suraj

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Hi Experts,

>

> I am doing ABAP Server Proxy scenarios and I am facing a very different issue in the look and feel of the UI.

> My current PI version is PI 7.0 EHP1.0 SP4 in which my icon in interface objects appear as MESSAGE INTERFACE.

> Now when after configuring settings in the ECC 6.0 , when I go to SPROXY to create proxy I find my Message Interface appearing as "SERVICE INTERFACE" in Sproxy. Interestingly the message from the XI is successfully reaching the ECC 6.0 ,

> as I can also view my message in SXMB_MONI of ECC6.0 where the messages are in green flag status as a result of which my values from the structure are not getting updated in the table where I intend to do.

>

> Now I have a doubt that weather this Message Interface in PI and the Service Interface in ECC 6.0 might be the reason for this

> failure of the execution of the proxy class generated.

>

> When I try to independently checking the code then the values are getting populated in the Table where I intend to do.

>

>

> Regards

> Nishant Kumar Singh

it is normal to have message interface in PI 7.0 and the same being described as service interface in ecc 6.0. so dont worry about it

in sxmb_moni of ecc, check the green flag.

what does the description say?

also check smq1 and smq2 in ecc.