cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EHP1 for SAP NW Composition Prvw.V & SAP NW 7.01 SR1 ABAP Trial V. compatib

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SDN,

I currently have SAP NW 7.01 SR1 ABAP Trial Version. installed on my pc, I'm running vista business 32bit, I am using JRE j2re1.4.2_19 because that was recommended for installing SAP NW 7.01 SR1 ABAP Trial Version.

I now want to install EHP1 for SAP NW Composition Preview Version, but does it require me to install a new version of jdk\jre, will that affect my current installation of SAP NW 7.01 SR1 ABAP Trial Version? Will EHP1 for SAP NW Composition Prvw.V & SAP NW 7.01 SR1 ABAP Trial V. be compatible?

Please help

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can easily have a jdk 1.4 and jdk 5 installed in paralell. That should not affect each other.

We have on our development servers NetWeaver 2004s and Netweaver 7.10 CE installed in paralell without any problems.

Frank

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks frank, are you saying its safe to go ahead and install both on the same system and hdd drive?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes its safe

We have several systems of different release levels on one server, ABAP and JAVA mixed. Its just limited by your hardware how much it can serve.

Frank

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks again Frank,

I currently have a Dell XPS1530 with a 2GHz Duo core processor, 4gb ram, 200gb sata hdd. I run vista business (32bit). I currently have SAP NW 7.01 SR1 ABAP Trial Version installed on the C drive. I am worried that the database installed by the EHP1 NW composition env. may conflict with the existing SAP NW trial database. I want to install EHP1 NW composition env. on drive C too, on the same OS.

based on this config will I have anything to worry about?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can't say whether this is enough memory for both systems to work. But as you don't plan to use it productive, just to get experience, you can easily start only one system instead of both.

Database of both is Max DB? Then its not a problem, as databases are separeted by Systems.

Frank

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks Frank, I hope the EHP1 composition env. works on vista. Have you had any success installing it on a Vista system?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Only win 2003 Server here... Sorry.

Frank

Answers (0)