cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection of ECC 5.0 server with mobile netweaver 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello there,

I m working on ECC 5.0 server with mobile netweaver studio 7.1.

Can any one help me for,

1. How can i connect netweaver moble server with R/3 ECC 5.0 server?

if its possible then, what are the steps for their connection?

2. which patch level (enahancement package) of netweaver mobile 7.1 studio is compatable for ecc 5.0 server?

any help regarding the topic is welcome.

Thanks and regards,

Swapneel.

Edited by: swapnil22 on Oct 6, 2009 6:12 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The ECC 5.0 system is your backend, correct?

1. How can i connect netweaver moble server with R/3 ECC 5.0 server?

if its possible then, what are the steps for their connection?

Connection to any backend system is at the SWCV level and is client specific. Connection is via RFC.

When you create an SWCV in sdoe_wb transaction in Mobile 7.1, you can specify the RFC destination to the backend (ECC 5.0) there.

You can also specify the backend destination in the NetWeaver Mobile Administrator in the 'Configuration' page.

2. which patch level (enahancement package) of netweaver mobile 7.1 studio is compatable for ecc 5.0 server?

Use the latest service pack of Mobile 7.1

NW Mobile is a framework and compatability is with any R/3 system that supports ABAP RFC connections.

Edited by: Arjun Shankar on Oct 6, 2009 3:10 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Arjun and Liji,

Thanks for your valuable replies,

The anwers were really the promising one.

I have a query that,

Does it possible for netweave mobile studio to detect the mobile device?

Because in certain documents it is not stated clearly about the steps for connection, or any Port url ,or protocol which connects the device.

Do you have any idea revert to me.

thanks,

swapneel.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The word 'studio' is confusing me.

The words 'protocol' and 'port' lead me to believe you're talking about the connection between the 'server' and the 'device'.

This has to be defined in the device itself (there is an option in the NW Mobile Client to specify it).

The Hostname of the AS (i.e. NW Mobile Server) and the port on which it serves HTTP has to be given in the device for it to be able to make a connection to the server.

You can find the HTTP service port by going to the transaction SICF, clicking on Execute and then looking under the 'Goto' menu for 'Port Information'.

Edited by: Arjun Shankar on Oct 7, 2009 2:42 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Adding to the above.,logical device will have to be created in DOE and certain set of attributes to be assigned to it (for eg. devicename, user, device type,language , other user defined attributes).

The mobile client framework has to be installed in the physical device(A default client framework is shipped by SAP) .

The settings like hostname, http port,client etc of the DOE server need to be set in the mobile client installed in the device.

The application can be deployed locally in the device or could be send from DOE server as well.

The first sync of this device with DOE will register a corresponding logical device with that physical device.(based on the registration attributes of a device) . Then the application and data starts flowing down to the device.

Sync requires a the mobile user to be a DOE server user. Additionally local user has to be created in each device to work with the application in the device.

Data is exchanged between DOE and mobile client in the form of xml messages send over http(s).

Regards,

Liji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Thanks for the replies.

I had tried to go the way you have stated.

But i have server as ECC 5.0 , and client as netweaver .

may be some steps missing for the connection of both server and client or i may have forget some steps for the connection .

I will let you all know if some problem occurs in connection .

till then thanks once again.

regards,

swapneel.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did not understand the part about NW being the client..

This is how the landscaps should look like:

[ECC 5.0 = Backend ]    <-----RFC Connection-----> [NW Mobile = Middleware]   <---- HTTP ---->  [Client Device]

This means:

Both the ECC system and the NW Mobile middleware are 'Servers' that are connected to each other.

The Backend 'uses' the service of the 'middleware' to orchestrate data.

The middleware uses logic to send the data to a 'Client'

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also: If you want to communicate between the middleware and backend, generally you would want to maintain a connection both ways:

1. RFC destination from Middleware to Backend (so that middleware can call the backend BAPIWrappers and get data) - This connection is compulsory

2. RFC destination from Backend to Middleware (so that backend can 'push' data to DOE) - This is if you want to make a push based application which is what is the more performant way to go.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Arjun,

Thanks for the replies,

I will suerly try to find the way....

thanks ,

swapneel.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Mobile Application developed in NetWeaver Developer Studio uses DOE to import data.

So its recommended to maintain the same version (7.1 SP8) for DOE server and your Developer Studio.

Also developer studio has a simulator where you can deploy and check the application. Simulator works like a real device installed with SAP Mobile Client.

Regards

Vidyadhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As Arjun mentioned ,its via RFCs. Basically data exchange between DOE and backend (ECC server) is via RFC enabled bapi wrappers. The RFC destination created in SM59 transaction(in DOE server) will contain the details of the backend server to connect (with user credentials).

You can model your data model in DOE (SDOE_WB) . create data objects , backend adapters , distribution model in DOE .

set of Bapiwrappers(getlist, getdetail, create, modify,delete) exist in backend server and have to be mentioned in the backend adapter of the data object.

You can as well import the bapiwrappers available in BE to DOE in the transaction SDOE_WB and the data objects, adapters will be created automatically for you.

NW Mobile 7.10 SP08 is the latest version in service market place .

Regards,

Liji