Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applying Exclusion for Material on VA01/VA21 T-code

sarthak_mohantysd
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello SAP folks,

I have typical case of excluding 600 number of material in the VA01/VA21 t-code. These list of the material are marked for deletion

and the client is interested of not using these materials. For your kind information these 600 number of material are comprises of

different material type.

What is the best way to exclude this list of material ????

NOTE: For a specific material type few material are not marked for deletion, so that need not to be excluded from the VA01/VA21. I am not able exclude in term of material type.

Regards,

Sarthak

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sarthak,

If it was me , i would have done the following as a permanent solution.

Go to the sales order user exit, and write code that vaidates on the filed for material flag for deletion MARA-LVOMA, if this is set to yes (X) then do not let a sales order to be created

Former Member
0 Kudos

to exclude marked for deltion items

just did that for vendors for FBL1n transaction, The standard search help assocaited with vendor is kred, I have created a new elemantory search help with following fields

LIFNR

LOEVM

LAND1

MCOD3

SORTL

MCOD1

where LOEVM is for marked for deletion, and added default value ' '( space in between) so that it will show obly those vendors which are not maked for deletion.

Hope this is helpful, Let me know if need any further clarification.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

In T code OVSU define your F4 options to be dispalyed for X dist chain status

Say you are defining a key called in Z1 there in OVSU

In that configuration of Z1 itself there is an option for block for order

you need to maintain the value B there

Carefully choose the other options such as block for quotation/inquirt contract ,delivery etc

Now assign this key Z1 to you MMRs for which you dont want sales orders not to be created in the X dist chain status of sales org data 1

You can not create order

Regards

Raja

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sarthak

If you want to exclude these materials then using t.code MASS you maintain , "X-distr.chain status" in MMR for those materials then you can exclude these materials.

Regards

Srinath

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In material master for the field "X-distr.chain status" under Sales: Sales Org.Data 1 tab, if you assign any value, you cannot create sale order for that material.

For bulk updation, you can go with MASS.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

sarthak_mohantysd
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have tested whatever you have suggested in Quality server with value for X-distr.chain status as 02/06. It is not working i.e. i

am able to create a Sales order using these materials. Plz advice whether i need to make more setting in order to acheive.

Regards,

Sarthak

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sarthak

I suppose there should be some open orders / open deliveries for those materials.So clear those open documents and then create sales order then it will work. (NOTE : Maintain X-plant matl status in Basic data 1 tab ->X-plant matl status)

You can also maintain "Plant-sp.matl status" in the MMR and if you create the sales order then it will throw an error

Regards

Srinath