cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESS Configuration

pbechani
Participant
0 Kudos

I have SAP r/3 4.7 and I have imported And I have imported the following BP for ESS and MSS (BPESS46C504_0-20000613 and BPMSS601_18-20001489). When I create users with the the necessary roles to view the iview, I get errors when I log on to the portal with these users. The users are created in the r/3 system as users and employees. I am getting the following errors

1. Portal Runtime Error

An exception occurred while processing a request for :

iView : pcd:portal_content/com.sap.portal.migrated/ep_5.0/roles/com.sap.pct.hcm.manager/mystaff/nf_2/recruitment/rc_position_overview_2/com.sap.pct.hcm.rc_vacancyrequestov

Component Name : com.sap.pct.hcm.rc_vacancyrequestov.default

Access denied (Object(s): com.sap.portal.system/security/com.sap.portal.ep50/ep50_safety).

Exception id: 06:32_18/05/06_0034_4098050

See the details for the exception ID in the log file

2. Connect to SAP gateway failed Connect_PM TYPE=A ASHOST=10.16.64.63 SYSNR=01 GWHOST=10.16.64.63 GWSERV=sapgw01 PCS=1 LOCATION CPIC (TCP/IP) on local host with Unicode ERROR connection to host 10.16.64.63, service sapgw01 timed out TIME Thu May 18 18:31:43 2006 RELEASE 640 COMPONENT NI (network interface) VERSION 37 RC -12 MODULE nixxi_r_mt.cpp LINE 1070 DETAIL NiPConnect COUNTER 1

The information I have is for SAP ERP 2004 for ECC 5.0.

I need one for sap R/3 4.7. What do I need in my current structure to configure to get a smooth run. I have a demo soon

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

achim_hauck2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Prince,

it seems like a network problem (Time out).

make sure, you use full qualified domain names (fqdn) and not IP-addresses for host-names (eg. ASHOST). if the fqdns can't be resolved, add them either to your DNS or to the hosts file of the portal-server.

make sure, the ports you are using to connect to the backend are open from the portal server (eg. try "telnet <fqdn of hostname> <portnumber>")

kr, achim

pbechani
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Achim

I tried to telnet eg telnet myHost 8101. It is giving an error that it can not connect on that port.How can I open the port or what do I need to do

achim_hauck2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

prince,

probaby you have a firewall between your systems. ask the responsibe persons to open it.

on the other hand, port 8101 seems to be a http-port. but the portal connects via rfc, that means it will use 32<systemnumber>, 36<sysnr>, 33<sysnr>, etc.