cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Route determination in PO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Is there a difference in setting up of Route determination for STO (Stock transport Order) as I am getting route determined in my SO (Sales order) and not in when I create STO with same values like Shipping point, Transport Group, Departure Point and receivingpoint etc.

I am wondering if this needs to be maintained in some different transaction than 0VRK !!

Kindly reply and thanks in advance!

Regards

Bawa

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Route determination should not be a problem in STO. Kindly see if the Shipping point determination settings are in place.

Also are u using the same Shipping conditions for Sales ORders as well as STO/PO.

Dany

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dany,

Yes, everything is in place as far as Shippping point and Shipping conditions are concerned. I have to change shipping conditions mnaually in SO as well as STO as for some reasons we cannot get it defaulted in Customer master record. So its is working fine with SO as when I change the defaulted Shipping condition the route is getting changed as required but not in STO!!

Kindly suggest...

Regards

Bawa

Edited by: Bawa Bawa on Oct 6, 2009 12:52 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Route Determination is a function of Shipping condition + Transportation Group (Mat MAster). If the system cannot find a Shipping condition in the customer it will not be able to find the route. Why is not possible to bdefault the cusotmer with Shipping Condition.

For ur Ref

SC in Customer Master (XD01/XD02) --> sales Area data --> Shipping Tab.

I hope u have maintained the req details in OMGN transaction (IMG--> Material Management --> Purchasing --> Purchase order --> Set up Stock Transport Order --> Define Shipping Data for Plant.

please check and reply.

Dany

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

in STO, Shipping conditions are coming from Vendor Master Record. Please check from this point of view.

Thanks & regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dany,

We are maintaining the Shipping condition but the one which are deafulted are not to be used in this case so when we change the shipping data (Shiping condition ) in the STO, it does not redetermine the route based upon new shipping condition.

All the other settings are OK.

Please suggest

Thanks

Bawa

Edited by: Bawa Bawa on Oct 6, 2009 4:13 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Bawa,

If u r using a different shipping condition in STO compared to Sales order, have to done the detemination ofroute for the new Shipping condition.

Dany

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dany,

The issue is that we have different condition type assigned in customer master Y1, which we cannot change in Customer master for some reason. So we have to change the required Shipping condition in SO or STO to Z1 manually each time in order to get the required Route. This is working fine in SO and new route is getting determined with the change in Shipping condition but not working as required in STO.

Any suggestion...

Regards

Bawa

Edited by: Bawa Bawa on Oct 7, 2009 2:59 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I understand the requiremnt of changing the Shipping condition.

However for route to be determined automatically the SC + Trsp Grp (Mat) = ROute config must be present.

IMG--> Sales & Dist --> Basic Functions --> Routes --> Route Determination --> Maintain Route det

For Y1 + TR GrP = Route1 in Sales order is coming automatically due to determination.

Have you done the same for Z1 + Tr Grp= Route1 for STO.

please confirm.

Dany

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dany,

Yes, I have maintained Route Det. for Shipping condition Z1 as well and now I have tried after changing the Shipping condition in Customer master as well, this works fine and Z0001 route is getting determined in STO as well.

I think the issue is when I try to change the shipping data (Shipping condition ) manually from Y1 to Z1 in STO, new Route Z0001 is not getting determined and route Y0001 is populated. We cannot change the Shipping condition in customer master record so issue remain open...

Kindly suggest

Regards

Bawa

Edited by: Bawa Bawa on Oct 7, 2009 3:58 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What u have mentioned may be the cuase. The determination may not be happening for the change in shipping Condition. one query.

In general, STO are between plants. Why are u assiging the same shipping Cond to the Customer for Plant (OMGN setting) that u are applying to Customer in Sales order. PLease correct me if i am wrong.

Have u tried to save the STO after you have changed the Shipping Cond and rechecked whether determination is taking place.?

This is a long shot. Please also try this...

After changing the Ship Cond. in the Shipping Data tab, (the correct route is not determined), change the material in the line and check if the Ship Cond remains same and the route is now correctly determined.

Idealy... As OMGN only allows a single Sales area to be entered for customer for Plant in SPRO, the Sales Area assigned there must be used for STOs. For all sales another SAles Org should be used. That way u can define a diff SC in the customer for hte Sales Area. Such A bifurcation also helps for reporting purposes.

Hope this helps.

Dany