cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange Data Dictionary issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I had created a data dictionary project in Netweaver Developer Studio and deployed on the server, after words I have changed a column type from integer to double because of the requirement change.

And now when I try to deploy the new sda file I am getting success in deployment but changes are not getting affected in database, also I tried to undeploy existing sda file but not allowed to do so, the I deleted tables directly in database and deployed the sda file again but the old column type only get created in table that is integer.

Please tell me how can I change th field type of the table now. I don't have any data in table as of now.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please provide some more details on how do you change the column type? Do you do this using the same Dictionary DC (project) or you are doing something else?

Moreover, please pay attention to the NOTE in the following document (section "Changing Column Parameters"):

[Editing Table Definitions|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwce711/helpdata/en/48/58d82ec34f58d9e10000000a421937/frameset.htm]

Best,

Yordan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yordan,

I am changing the column type using same Dictionary project. And database I am using is SQL Server 2005. SAP Web Application Server is 7.0

Please tell me how can I change the column type.

As the project is in development stage only there is no problem of losing data so

Thanks