cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Floor Plan Manager DC Dependency Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am trying to add the pcui_gpxssfpm and pcui_gpxssutils components to My Used DC. (DC MetaData -> DC Definition -> Used DCs). However when i try adding them i am getting the following error:

illegal dependency: The compartment of XXXX must explicitly use compartment of sap.com/pcui_gp/xssfpm.

Can someone help me please

Thanks

Sivajan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sivajan,

I had the same problem in a completely different context: the error is saying that you need to create an explicit <used-compartment> dependency between your custom software component (SC) and the SC where sap.com/pcui_gp/xssfpm resides.

Proceed as follows:

- locate the SC where sap.com/pcui_gp/xssfpm resides (you can do this in Developer Studio, browsing the SCs from SAP)

- access your SLD > Software catalog > Software components

- select your custom component

- in the "Dependencies" tab, select BuildTime context

- there, click the "Define Prerequisite..." and add the SAP standard SC you located before: this updates the software catalog with the dependencies... but practically, it does nothing to help you with your current SC... so... more to do!

- access your CMS > Landscape Configurator, track data tab

- select your custom SC

- click the button "View/Edit XML content"

- add <used-compartment> and <variant-mapping> nodes referring to the SAP standard DC

- click "Back"

- save the track data. The system will tell you that you have to perform a restore... please do, although it is not really necessary to proceed

- open your NW Developer Studio and connect to the NWDI server

- you should receive a message telling you that a new development configuration is available. Proceed as instructed (close all open activities, remove the configuration and import the newer one)

- at this stage, you should be able to add the Used DCs dependency (usual process: create a project etc.)

Hope this helps... appreciate if you could award points if it does

Cheers

G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I had a reply from SAP re. the correct procedure to update the used-compartment dependency and whether or not a "restore system status" is really required.

I quote from them:

"1.) The manual editing of the XML content is NOT the standard way to add used compartment information.

Usually you would add the dependency definition in the SLD, Update CMS with this new information and the synchronize the track configuration with the SLD content. This guarantees that the XML definition is generated and correct.

2.) Saving the track deletes and recreates the build compartments. Therefore it is necessary to restore the system state again before you start transporting again. As long as you are configuring the track you can save as often as you want, but as soon as you want to use the central build in the course of your software development, the restore system state needs to be performed before that."

Hope this helps.

Cheers

G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Giorgio,

Thanks, That solved my problem, after creating a usage dependency i forgot to update the CMS with the new information from SLD.

Thanks

Answers (0)