Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Floor Plan Manager DC Dependency Error

Hi

I am trying to add the pcui_gpxssfpm and pcui_gpxssutils components to My Used DC. (DC MetaData -> DC Definition -> Used DCs). However when i try adding them i am getting the following error:

illegal dependency: The compartment of XXXX must explicitly use compartment of sap.com/pcui_gp/xssfpm.

Can someone help me please

Thanks

Sivajan

Former Member
Former Member replied

Hi Sivajan,

I had the same problem in a completely different context: the error is saying that you need to create an explicit <used-compartment> dependency between your custom software component (SC) and the SC where sap.com/pcui_gp/xssfpm resides.

Proceed as follows:

- locate the SC where sap.com/pcui_gp/xssfpm resides (you can do this in Developer Studio, browsing the SCs from SAP)

- access your SLD > Software catalog > Software components

- select your custom component

- in the "Dependencies" tab, select BuildTime context

- there, click the "Define Prerequisite..." and add the SAP standard SC you located before: this updates the software catalog with the dependencies... but practically, it does nothing to help you with your current SC... so... more to do!

- access your CMS > Landscape Configurator, track data tab

- select your custom SC

- click the button "View/Edit XML content"

- add <used-compartment> and <variant-mapping> nodes referring to the SAP standard DC

- click "Back"

- save the track data. The system will tell you that you have to perform a restore... please do, although it is not really necessary to proceed

- open your NW Developer Studio and connect to the NWDI server

- you should receive a message telling you that a new development configuration is available. Proceed as instructed (close all open activities, remove the configuration and import the newer one)

- at this stage, you should be able to add the Used DCs dependency (usual process: create a project etc.)

Hope this helps... appreciate if you could award points if it does

Cheers

G

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question