cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Check of the maintenance certificate distribution with SOLMAN SPS 16

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

We have SAP Solution Manager 7.0 (SPS 16) and we would check the maintenance of certificate distribution for the several satellite systems.

Unfortunately we could not detect within tcode "SOLMAN_WORKCENTER --> Change Management" the entry "License maintenance".

Question

How can I check with SOLMAN SPS 16 the maintenance of certificate distribution for the satellite systems?

Thank you!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member209604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> We have SAP Solution Manager 7.0 (SPS 16) and we would check the maintenance of certificate distribution for the several satellite systems.

> Unfortunately we could not detect within tcode "SOLMAN_WORKCENTER --> Change Management" the entry "License maintenance".

tcode "SOLMAN_WORKCENTER --> Change Management" with entry "License maintenance" is available as of EhP1 (ST 400 SP18).

>

> Question

> How can I check with SOLMAN SPS 16 the maintenance of certificate distribution for the satellite systems?

In the managed system (formerly known as satellite systems). you can run

- SLICENSE -> New Licenses to check with a valid Maintenance Certificate is visible.

- SDCCN, tab "Done", check log of "Maintenance Package" to see errors .

In the Solutuion Manager System, you can :

- use the report RAGS_MK_DISPLAY_FILE to check if the Solution Manager contains a license file for the system. The field SWPRODUCTNAME=Maintenance_### declares a maintenance certificate in this file.

Please refer to the following SAP Note as a central entry point:

[SAP Note 1280664 - Distribution of maintenance certificates: Troubleshooting|http://www.service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1280664]

Best regards,

Ruediger

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

many thanks for your response.

What is the best and safest procedure to update SAP Solution Manager 7.0 (SPS 16 with SAPKITL427) to the current version?

a) to update it first to SPS 19 and then to SPS 20 or

b) with one step to SPS20 or

c) to wait till SPS 21 comes up

Thank you!

former_member209604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> What is the best and safest procedure to update SAP Solution Manager 7.0 (SPS 16 with SAPKITL427) to the current version?

Sorry, I am not in expert in "what's the best upgrade strategy?". I would suggest, that you open a new thread on this topic.