cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to make sure the Live cache information is getting reflect in the bex?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

When the user enters some data in the planning book as soon as he saves it. It should be getting reflected in the cube isnt it? when i run the query it doesnt get reflected?

What is the technical settings should i do ? to reflected those changes in apo 3.5 verison.?

Thanks

Pooja

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The way I understand, the data saved in the planning book is stored in a planning area in livecache, not in the cube. The cube internally created is only ment for structure propouse, not storage.

To have a query Bex reading data from planning area, you will need to create a backup cube and generate a datasource to extract the data.

I can´t see you reading this data online from PA. If you manage to do that, let me know, sound really good!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pooja, Rafael,

You can actually have a bex report with life data.

For that you need to use a remote cube, and not a basic one.

On comment though: you access only the information stored in the live cache, so for example you will not get the projected stock easily.

By default the projected stock is not stored; but even if you sotre it in a time series key figure, you still need to run the calculation... so any changes in order will not be reflected untill the next sotck calculation...

So to get the projected stock real time is more complex and required some abap coding... to get the the order real time is quite easy to do with remote cube

Good luck

Julien

Answers (0)