SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Independent Validations

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We're on ECC 6.0.

I've a query related to the Independent Validations.

For a domestic customer , we've entered the current reading which is lower than the previous reading.The current reading, as per SAP standard should get outsorted by IV 15 (Meter Overflow), however the system has not outsorted the reading as implausibe,the reading has turned out to be plausible.

Could you please throw on some light of what could be the error, is it due to the missing OSS note?

Thanks,

Poo

5 REPLIES 5

daniel_mccollum
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check the actual meter reading dates for the 2 reads. Its possible that the actual date for the "lower" reading will have been entered for a date prior the the "higher" reading.

This will mean that the "lower" reading will validate.

EL31 > drill down on the meter reading date

there are several tabs with meter reading data which will show the expected consumption, Upper & Lower limits.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Entering a meter reading that is lower than the previous one is not always an error situation because, all meters, when they reach their full dial capacity(9999 for a 4 dial meter), it will roll over and in these situations, the current meter read will be lower than the previous read.

What you need is tolerance limits that will see if the consumption/usage (difference between previous and current meter read) is within the tolerances or not.

0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

Thanks for your help, it is due to the tolerance limits.

I've come across a strange situation in which the previous meter reading is implausibe,i've entered the current reading and the system has validated the current reading as plausible.As per the SAP standard the current reading should be implausible if the previous reading is implausibe.What could be the problem?

Thanks.

Poo

0 Kudos

Verify if the indenpendent validation 95 is assigned to the validation class.

0 Kudos

IV 95 has already been assigned to the validation class , the system is yet validating the current meter reading as plausible (previous being implausible).