cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can a transport request be moved to a different cycle in ChaRM?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

We have an implementation cycle in Test phase and the go-live date is in the beginning of November. Now the project decides that one of the transport requests should be singled out and not to go live with this cycle in November. However, the next cycle to be created for the same project will have its go-live dates in Feburary next year and the transport request cannot wait until then. So my question is that can we move this transport request out of this current cycle and assign it to other cycle instead?

Hopefully you may have some answers to this question or/and share your experiences with handling this kind of situation.

Many thanks,

Li Li

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Li Li.

Have your issue regarding withdrawing the change document been resolved?

I have a similar problem.

Regards,

Tess

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I cannot withdrawn this normal correction by using action from within the Change Document. Instead I had to use the program CRM_SOCM_SERVICE_REPORT to withdrawn. This is nevertheless not the desired way, but I don't yet have an alternative.

BR Li

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is normal that you can't cancel your NC.

This is because you already have a Transport Request assigned to it and this TR already contains objects.

SolMan refuses to cancel your NC and throws the error "Change Document ... because changes are not exclusive", because you need to undo your changes first in your DEV environment.

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Li,

UC can move irregular of phase in the maintenance cycle & only NC move as per the phases in the maintenance cycle

so one solution is to cancel the current NC and create a UC for the same support message becoz it belongs to same change and then u hav to rework by doing the changes again and then u can move this finally as per the required time.

Regards

Prakhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Many thanks Prakhar for your reply.

I tested and it seemed that I cannot cancell the NC, the status was reset by the system and a message "Changes in development system are not excluded".

Any further suggestion how should I proceed?

Li

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try using the action Set to In development and then Withdraw correction

Former Member
0 Kudos

That's actually what I did. I couldn't withdraw as the stystem reset the status and issued the message:

==============================================

Changes in development system are not excluded

Message no. SOCM_ACTION_LOG012

Diagnosis

Changes might have already been made in the development system.

System Response

The transaction is incorrect or the status has been reset by the system.

Procedure

If you have already made changes in the system and want to undo these changes, ensure that you do so in a consistent manner.

If you are sure that you have not made any changes in the system, the system obviously does not have access to the CTS work breakdown structure (WBS) BOM.

Procedure for System Administration

Check the RFC connection to the SAP Change Manager.

===============================================