cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Role for a particular Tcode in CUP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is there any option which will provide a role name for a particular transaction in CUP?

This we require while raising a request in CUP for providing access to particular Tcode.

If we have this option in CUP then we can find role for the required transaction and will include the same role in CUP while raising request.

We can get the above mentioned requirement form back end system or ERM.But if we have the same option in CUP, it is very useful.

Please check and advice me if there any option for the same.

Thanks & Regards,

KKRao.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

koehntopp
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Sure there is.

You can allow a requester to send off a request without any roles, just mentioning a TCode or uploading an SU53 screenshot.

The next approver can then search roles by transaction and assign the most suitable one.

That use case is 100% covered by CUP.

Frank.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

Thanks for your reply.

I have tried to create a request with attaching an excel sheet which contain required Tcodes list.

When I submit that request, it is giving an error like 'Select at least one role'

We are on GRC5.3 SP08.

Please check and advice in this.

Thanks & Regards,

KKRao.

Former Member
0 Kudos

KKRao,

CUP offers the functionality to search for appropriate roles by T_CODE to the add to a request.

This is at the point that you are selecting the roles to be included.

It will not just assign transaction codes directly so you will have to use the search functionality to identify relevant roles / profiles for your access requirements.

Regards, Simon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simon,

Thanks for your reply.

As per your communication, there is an option in CUP when we select Role/Groups option.

Here there is field called u2018Select the Type of Accessu2019. The default value for this field is Roles.

If we want to find a role for a particular Tcode, we need to select u2018Transactionu2019 option instead of u2018Rolesu2019 option in the same field.

Here I have found one more option. If we select 'Model my Access By' option in the same field, we can mirror existing user access to new user.

Thanks & Regards,

KKRao.

Answers (0)