Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Picking stragety and RF Assignment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We have a Scenario as given below:

We have Separate Storage type for partial pallets and Full pallets. We need to configure FIFO Strategy for Picking.

The requirement is

1) while creating the TO for Outbound if the order quantity is less than the full pallet then it should pick from storage type for partial pallet and if the order qty is equal to or mutiple of full pallet qty then it should pick from storage type for full pallets.

FOr Eg if the order qty for the material is 25 pcs ( say 1 box=10 pcs)

then the system should create pick TO 2 boxes ( 20 pcs) from full pallets storage type and remaining 5 pcs from partial pallet storage type

2) Also we have separate RF operators for each storage types on for full and one for partial pallet.Can the TO's be assigned to the respective operators based on the pallet qty.

your views regarding the same is appreciated.

Regards,

Shrenu

Edited by: Shrenu on Oct 6, 2009 8:16 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vinod,

1) I am aware of the Picking strategy M.But As we have the business requirement to accomodate the FIFO logic with partials and full pallets,I am looking for something that could acommodate both.

I believe that it can be met by combining FIFO with user exit by exploring the palletization data ?

2) Regarding RF it is answered.Thanks !

Share your views.

Regards,

Shrenu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ..Shrenu

You can try using stock removal strategy as "M" large / small quantity included .

for both the storage types there should not be any add to stock enabled

i think system will create TO on FIFO basis if no add stock in maintained .

hope it helps.

Thanks

Jinoy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For your case, you can use strategy 'M' (Large/Small Quantities) for the Storage Type from which you always want to pick partials.

Here are the steps:

For Partial Storage type ST2: Use picking strategy 'M'

In the material master: Warehouse/Storage Type view: Set control Quantity '19' (less than full pallet quantity)

And storage type search, sequence should be : ST2(Partials) followed by ST1(Full Pallets)

Now, system will pick all partials from ST2(Qnty < 20) and full pallets from ST1.

For you to assign Different TOs to different operators:

Then go to :

Mobiel Data Entry -> RF Queue Management ->Assign Areas and Activities to Queues:

Maintain different Queues for your Source St. Type/Destination St. Type combinations and assign the users to those Queues.

Note: 20 being considered as full pallet quantity in the example.

Hope that helps.

Thanks

Vinod.