cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP .net connector with ASP (no ASP.NET)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi group,

I have to migrate a ASP web application based on SQL Server to be based on SAP Enterprise as Backend.

We are thinking about to use SAP .NET connector to communicate the application with SAP, but we don't know if it's a good practice to use .net connector with ASP (no asp.net).

Does anyone know what is recommendable and why? we need to know if it's better to migrate the application to .net

thanks!

Regards,

Federico

Message was edited by: Federico Avila

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

reiner_hille-doering
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Using .NET Connector (NCo) from ASP would require to wrap all needed functionality in COM-callable objects. This is possible, but not really a nice task.

If your SAP Server SAP R/3 Enterprise (or another modern version based on 6.20 or NetWeaver) it's advisable to use WebServices instead of NCo. If you have a good tool or technology to call WebServices from ASP, this is your way to go. Else I would recommend to migrate to .NET.

Former Member
0 Kudos

So, how do you recommend to implement web services? using MS Biztalk for example?

I thought that I could use web services through NCo.

Regards,

Federico

reiner_hille-doering
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Consuming WebServices from ASP.NET is simple. NCo sits on top of Microsoft's WebService client to allow both, RFC and Soap protocoll.

If you are using the newest SAP servers you may not need RFC, so you could use a pure WebService client. However, I don't know if there is (a good) one for old ASP.

Answers (0)