cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JSR-168 Portlets will work on SAP NetWeaver ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to confirm with you whether JSR-168 Portlets will work on SAP NetWeaver platform or they work on specific versions of SAP NetWeaver and I would appreciate if you could kindly confirm on these points.

“As per my knowledge it supports SAP NetWeaver '05'.”

Is the SAP NetWeaver '05' version available for SAP Service Marketplace?

Or do they provide any plug-in to support JSR-168 portlets.

So please provide me detailed information for the above query and that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks & Regards

Siva

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

Have the same requirement like you, At last have you achieved it or not? if yes plz can you tell me how to doc this.

Thanks in advance for your valuable answer..

Sreedhar G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sridhar,

we are able to deploy JSR 168 Portlets. but we can not see the results. it will supports NET WEAVER 2005 version.

With Regards

Siva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

Can you please let me know how did you deploy it on the Portal?

Thanks,

Bhavik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

JSR-168 will be available with the next major version of SAP NetWeaver, which should be out next year. For the time being, there's a preview of the J2EE stack that will be part of the next NW version. You can download it here: https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/downloads?rid=/library/uuid/da699d27-0b01-0010-99b0-f11458f31ef2

Note: this preview supports the JSR-168 as runtime. However, it does not include portal, so you can't actually "consume" the portlet components. However, if you have portlets available, you can at least try deployment to the web container...

Hope that helps!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi lvaylo,

already I have developed JSR-168 portlets. these portlets i have deployed in different portal servers. it's working fine.is it possiable to depoly these portlets into SAP Enterprise portal also. can you please provide me Sufficient information on this query.

Thanks & Regards

Siva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ivaylo,

I tried the method and able to sucessfuly deploy into JSR-168 web container,now I would like to see an output/results which I am not getting and its showing error which is listed down below.

--->403 Forbidden

--->You are not authorized to view the content of the requested directory.

--->Details: Directory listing is not allowed on this server.

Can you let me know, even after deploying in JSR 168 web container, can anyone view its results? If yes how?

Regards,

Siva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

first of all, sorry for delaying this answer.

To your question: as I wrote in my first post, the JSR168 is only supported as runtime. This means that currently you <b>cannot</b> see any output (as this preview contains no portal to render the portlets content).

Unfortunately, I have no information currently when a new preview (with portal included) can be expected. So, just stay tuned to SDN and you'll definitely hear if any plans have been set up.

Regards,

Ivaylo.