cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to handle QM master data in project

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I have question which I need your guidance. Basically, it is relates to project implementation.

I am wondering during early project phase stage, how you guys gather and enquire information on the following:

1 u2013 How many MIC I need to create?

2 u2013 How many inspection plan I need to create for which material?

3 u2013 How many material specification I need to create for which material?

4 u2013 How many sampling procedure I need to create?

5 u2013 How many samples drawing procedure I need to create?

6 u2013 How many inspection method that I need to setup for the

7 u2013 Which material requires QM control and thereby extend the QM view in material master.

I have done some support in QM tickets but not in project and therefore kind of loss when come to those QM master data setup and requirement gathering on project implementation, and I know those QM master data is a MUST to setup in the system. Thus, based on your invaluable experience, how do you normally handle those questions in the early project blueprint phase? I am kind of loss with regards to those master data setup (especially the inspection plan thingy)?

Appreciate your sharing of knowledge.

Karen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Karen

Dont have any worries on this. Make sure that you know how to create the master data and what are the differnet option available with in that. once you are through with those then handling of the master data during the project becomes easy

All the details will be in its place once the project start.

Regards

Gajesh

lakshmi_prasad7
Contributor
0 Kudos

any talented guy do this way.

i think that ur working in E2E project work

before singoff ur business process u should give to ur users master data templets..they collect for masterdatas in before realization phase...that time u should know how many specifications is there and in spections how many in quantitative and how many qualitative u will indentify. if any query let me back.

Edited by: Lakshmiananda prasad on Oct 6, 2009 11:48 AM

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sujit,

Ya I know my question is a kinda of broad,

however, I just want some general guidance on those question during QM project implementation in concern, especially the inspection plan...

regards,

karen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well

this is depends upon the type of industry it is like process,production or Projrct etc.

Every company has Different AS IS & TO BE processes which formulate in the RGF(Requirement gathering form)

So your Question do not have any exact or precise answer.

Best way is to list down all master data & find the applicability of these master data.Then as & when require go on add the master datas.

I hope this will add some value

Sujit