cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ENVVAR JAVA_HOME gets blank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

On our V6R1 system, we have set the JAVA_HOME = /QIBM/....jdk14, however UaServer failed to start so I had to set it to jdk15.

Now UaServer runs fine, however if I SignOff from user <SID>OFR then the JAVA_HOME gets blank and causes Jdk exception errors. BTW, I tried to set it at *JOB level as well as *SYS level

I explicity have to set the JAVA_HOME=/QIBM/....jdk15 each time I login. I suspect after the upgrade if the JAVA variable gets blank then SAP might stop. I even tried setiing the JAVA_HOME using Qshell, still the same.

How can I permanently set it so that SAP does not run into issues? Shall I set it at Job level or system level? Do I need to set it somewhere else also...pls help.

Regards,

Nick

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Nick,

Can you explain in more detail what happens? To me it makes no sense to talk of an environment variable after logoff. So, please tell us also in which application you see the Java exceptions.

Regarding the impact to other scenarios than UASERVER which you know has a problem (cf. your thread [|]) I cannot see where we need JAVA_HOME being explicitly set in an SIDOFR environment if there is no SAP NetWeaver Java involved. In the latter case JAVA_HOME should be set automatically.

You can look for general information about Java on our platform in note 1269647 and its related notes.

HTH,

Thomas

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks!