cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Target system(Destination) for RFC call ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Need some help in calling an RFC for xi interface.

For triggering the data in to xi , RFC needs to be called. This RFC can be called using an ABAP Program / report . BUT inorder to call that RFC a Destination / Target system needs to be defined . Even though RFC destinations can be managed by transaction SM59 what will be the target system for calling this RFC in a generic sense?

Like what destination i should be expecting this code : ?

REPORT Z_TEST.

CALL FUNCTION 'ZFunctest' destination ????

Please suggest

Krishna

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

Here is destination is XI, i.e you are sending into destination system..

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/29/configuring-the-sender-rfc-adapter--step-by-step

Hope this helps,

Thanks,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Moorthy,

Setting mention in the blog, will be done by BASIS people.

Krishna,

As a developer u need not worry. Just put a request to BASIS guys asking them to create an RFC destination.

Correct me if there is anything.

Thanks,

-Naveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes i now understand the scenario : well is this statment correct ?

When we say like this :

CALL Function 'ZTEST' Destination SIDCLNT015

does this mean ZTEST should be there in destination system ? which means the RFC i am writing should be there on xi systems whose system id is SID ?

As i heard some where that ZTEST should be there on targetsystem i call for ?

Please suggest

Krishna

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

you should define the RFC destination name as input parameter to your report. then you can call that report e.g. in a batch job with whatever destination is being created. if you hardcode a destination name you always have the problem that it could be changed and thath would need a correction to the program.

Regards

Christine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your input Christine , well still the question is lets say i am using the statment to call RFC "ztest"

CALL FUNCTION 'ZTEST' DESTINATION 'xyzclnt100'

When i use this statement does this mean ZTEST should be there on target system i.e. xyz , which is xi box ?

by conclusively saying so means the Func module ZTEST resides in xi box and i initiate the call from R/3 ?

Regards

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Krishna,

The FM -ZTEST, can be in any SAP System(including XI's abap stack),

what XI requires is that in the Sender RFC Adapter with which you register to R/3, the details of the system where the FMs reside needs to be given in the RFC metadata repository parametrs....

Thanks,

Renjith