cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EHP1 SP3 for PI 7.1 - DEPLOY_ONLINE_DEPL phase error

Former Member
0 Kudos

While running the EHP1SP3 upgrade for PI 7.1 we are getting an error in the downtime phase.

Looking at the deploy* log and trc I see error codes "ERROR CODE DPL.DBC.*" and the classic ORA-01658 unable to extend PSAPSR3DB. At the same time the oracle alert log gives us this error.

The problem is the SAPehpi deployment tries to continue and gets to phase DEPLOY_ONLINE_DEPL, at this phase the j2ee engine tries to start but can't as not all required components have been deployed due to the tablespace issue. There for the system is unstable and SAPehpi can't be continued or reset.

We are using SAPehpi_11-10007378.SAR SAPehpi version but it doesn't appear to pick up the space issue on the checks phase.

Has anyone else had this issue?

We are now restoring and starting again with additional space on PSAPSR3DB to confirm this is 100% the issue.

We have run the upgrade on or sandpit environment with success and our PI team very happy with EHP1 SP3 711.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dave,

> Looking at the deploy* log and trc I see error codes "ERROR CODE DPL.DBC.*" and the classic ORA-01658 unable to extend >PSAPSR3DB. At the same time the oracle alert log gives us this error.

>

When you got this error in log that time tablespace was full ?

If yes, then increase the space and then try.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes the table space is full at this point. However after you add the space the SAPehpi process can't continue as the j2ee engine files are half deployed and at this stage the SAPEHpi tries to start the j2ee instance for an online deployment.

Possible bug that this tablespace doen't appear in the checks phase.

Have you experienced this?

Regards Dave

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dave,

What error now you are facing ? Could you please paste logs here ?

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dave,

Possible bugs should be reported to SAP Support. I recommend you open a customer message on this issue. However, it seems the possible point of analysis has already passed, as you have restored your system.

Best Regards,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt

I have kept all the logs if we need to log a call. We have restored and have extened PSAPSR3DB before we start.

If this was/is the fix we will still highlight to SAP in a message our findings.

Regards Dave

Edited by: Dave Bedford on Oct 7, 2009 9:09 AM