cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wildcard in query filter not working

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are in a 3.0B BW environment. In all my queries, I cannot use the wildcards. If I place 06* for instance, it marks it as = and not contains pattern. Is there a setting to activate "contains pattern" or a way to setup variables that I am missing to allow for this?

Thanks,

Cherie

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok. I figured out that if I am using a variable with "Can be changed in query navigation" flagged, I cannot use the wildcards in the selection. When I unflag it then they are available to use. Is this standard functionality or a bug?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am not sure whether there is anything on patterns ( dynamically) though while filtering characteristics one can choose values based on that pattern.

may be one need to write ABAP code for this ... which picks up values in advance & pass it on to variable.

regards

Vikash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you using the selection options variable type? You must use this type of variable and select the * from the dropdown.

Thanks,

Jeff

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you use selection option and have flagged "Can be changed in query navigation" there is no * in the dropdown. I figured out that if I unflag that then it will allow for the wildcard usage. But does that make sense?

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is probably by design, but if you are using a wildcard, do you really need this to be changeable?

Thanks,

Jeff