cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Select Options Component Usage with error handling

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a component usage of the SAP provided component WDR_SELECT_OPTIONS. I have added some fields to it and made a few of them required. Ordinarily, I would handle field validation like this in the wddobeforeaction and cancel navigation should a field fail validation.

I am finding that this doesn't seem to work as I seem to be using the usage incorrectly perhaps. The component will indeed throw errors should the required fields be left initial however, since in my using component the errors are not being thrown, they are not raised as 'errors' and they pass the wddobeforeaction check.

I have to believe that there is a simple way to handle this and have not had any luck finding it.

My simple question would be how to integrate error handling from a used component into a using component?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

As far as I understand you want to do validation error's handling in select options.

If you have marked the field as MANDATORY ( I_OBLIGATORY = FALSE ) then an error message will be thrown if end-user leaves it blank. ( You need not code for it).

Please let me know if you want to achieve anything else.

Regards,

Sumit