cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWDS 7.0.15 - Table Selection Bug - Workaround needed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can someone confirm thru any SAP Notes? - I'm using NWDS 7.0.15, and I assume the AS version is SP15.

Node Cardinality is 0/n, Node Selection 0/n.

Create a Table, use this Node as DataSource. Set it to be Multiselection. It happens when you "first" have a Selection starting with ctrl_left click.

A detailed test case would be, in wdModifyView, execute a "for each" in that Node, and look for node.isMultiSelected(index); You can break in any true case; - When we empty the Node Selection (IWDNode.NO_SELECTION) and if we start with CTRL_LEFTCLICK, it's not working. If you start with a normal "left click", it will get a Selection and then, isMultiSelected will work.

Can someone confirm? - Also, I'd like to know if anyone has a proper workaround for that.

Regards,

Daniel

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member185086
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel

Please follow the previous reply where i given two link, understand that (It is similar to your case),Programatically you can change this behaviour rather than using CTRL+LEFT key.

Best Regards

Satish Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

I can't see what you've linked help me in order to resolve this. Can you please explain?

Regards,

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't understand completely. What happens if you do the Ctrl-Click? Is the selection button getting orange? If yes, what is the result of isMultiSelected()? If you think you found a bug, please open an OSS message on component BC-WD-JAV-RUN.

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Armin,

I'll explain by example, it's easier to get.. I should have done this at first:

I have a Table here, can have Multiple Selection and whenever I load this table for the first time, it displays it with no Selection at all. Also, I have two buttons: Select All, Deselect All. It's obvious what they do, they work OK.

I also have my "function" button, which is Disabled by default, since there are no rows selected. Whenever I perform a Lead Selection, I'll check to see if I have one or more selected rows in that Table.

If you start with a Click in the Lead Selector Button to left of the table, it works OK. After that, left click also works OK, and if I click again, will remove the selection, and my "function" button goes back to Disabled state.

But when you start with Ctrl_Click, it's not returning any "selected" rows in my Node. If I do a currentElement, I will get a Null pointer, most because I thnk Ctrl_Click is not the "Lead Selection" - and I think below, in the framework, whenever I try to look for a "node.isMultiSelected", first it checks for a Lead Selection (I dont have in this case, I started with Ctrl_Click) - I can never get a true from that Method even if the Row is selected.

Regards,

Daniel

siarhei_pisarenka3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel

I also remember some issues with the method isMultiSelected(...). So I always invoked the both methods and the combination worked always as I can remember:

if (i == node.getLeadSelection() || node.isMultiSelected(i)) {
    // i-th row is selected
}

Hope this help you.

BR, Siarhei

Edited by: Siarhei Pisarenka on Nov 9, 2009 1:08 PM

former_member185086
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Have a look on following [thread|;

BR

Satish Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

I couldn't find anything in the threads you suggested. Have you read my question?

Regards,

Daniel