cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Diagnostics Agent 7.11 on iSeries

Former Member
0 Kudos

I"ve gone and got the installation master DVD and the Kernel DVD but cannot find the standalone Diagnostics Agent. Following You can download Diagnostics Agent installation DVDs from SAP Service Marketplace at: http://service.sap.com/swdc Download SAP Support Packages Entry by Application Group SAP Technology Components SAP SOLUTION MANAGER SAP SOLUTION MANAGER 7.0 EHP1 Entry by Component Agents for Managed systems DIAGNOSTICS AGENT 7.11 <choose operating system of managed> gets me to the area but I'm not seeing it for our system.

Am I missing it or has it not been released for the iSeries yet? If not, then how is anyone else getting this installed if no agent is available?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ryan,

I am just getting ready to start on the diagnostic agent installation so I would be interested in your screen shots.

Best regards,

Russ Cook

Former Member
0 Kudos

Got through the installation process and I have to say that I do not like how I need to start SapInst now; it's such a longer/harder process.

For those that are going to install this and would like some help just let me know and I'd be glad to send you some screen shots during initial setup.

0 Kudos

Ryan - we're trying to install DAA agents on iSeries. Screenshots would help!

michaelpytel at benimbl dott com

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ryan,

I am struggling with the OS400 install of the Agents. Any help you can provide will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

David

0 Kudos

Are you still looking for information on Installing the Diagnostic Agents?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Michael,

If SAP is running on aix, can i still install the DAA Agent on a test partition on the iSeries?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Victor,

sure, you can do this. When Your solution manager is running on AIX you can still connect IBM i boxes by installing a Diagnostics Agent there. The question is for what reason.

Best regards

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ryan,

the Diagnostics Agent Installation based on SAP NetWeaver 7.1 EhP1 is supporter for OS400. Unfortunately, the standalone SMD only installation kit was not release for the OS400 platform and therefore is necessary to use the standalone option found in the SAP NetWeaver 7.1 EhP1 installation media. You can follow the 711_Diag_Agent_Setup_Guide.pdf file attached in SAP note 1234387 to find the right components needed for this install.

Best regards,

Luis Gonzalez