cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conditional Interface Determination - Check for non-existing Element

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have found a couple of other postings, but not a definitive answer to the following requirement:

In a conditional interface determination I would like to check whether a certain node exists, if yes select receiver inteface A, if no take receiver interface B.

How would I use an expression to check whether the node does not exist?

Example Message:

<Submission>

<Item/>

</Submission>

How should the expression look like if I want to select a receiver interface if <item/> does NOT exist.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

just tried the approach suggested but it did not work.

I will describe the scenario in detail again to illustrate what I want to achieve:

I use a "dummy sender interface" using a structure with /submission as root node. One of the possible messages is an XML with this root node. The other message is just a flat file that I will dump using a file receiver.

Receiver for both messages is the same, only the interfaces are different.

So I wanted to apply a check "If root node submission does not exist, then take interface a, otherwise b". So the flat file should be routed on to interface a, the "real" xml file with root node submission to interface b.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please use "EXISTS" on the right hand side of the operand and check.

Regards,

Vishnu.

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
How would I use an expression to check whether the node does not exist?

Check this WIKI section: http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/XI/XpathConditioninReceiverDetermination

Refer the last but one condition expression

How should the expression look like if I want to select a receiver interface if <item/> does NOT exist

/Submission/[not(Item]

Check it.....the procedure is the same for Condition Editor of Receiver Determination and Interface Determination

Regards,

Abhishek.