cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Main Table data load u2013 UNSPSC fields is not loading

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am new to SAP MDM

I have the main table data that includes UNSPSC field. UNSPSC (hierarchy) table is already loaded.

It works fine when I use import manager with field mapping and value mapping. (UNSPSC field value mapping is done).

When I use the import server using the same map to load the main table data with UNSPSC field (in this case the UNSPSC field value is different but UNSPSC lookup table has that value) , UNSPSC field is not loading but all other fields are loaded including images and PDF's with new values

If I go to the import manager and do the value mapping again for the UNSPSC field with the new value then save the map and use the import server to load the data then it is loading correctly.

My question when we use the import server, main table data with UNSPSC codes value will be different each time and it doesnu2019t make sense to go to the import manager and do the value mapping and saving the import map before loading the data again.

What I am missing here?. Anyone can help me?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. You need to use Key Mapping functionality to auto import the lookups and other fields.

2. Maintain remote keys for records in all the lookup tables you have.

3. Then map the import file once and save the map.

4. Now when you auto import all teh lookup values will be identified and imported automatically.

Ensure data consistency in your lookups and import file.

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to All. Problem resolved.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could anyone clarify this?

Issue: UNSPSC field value mapping automatically by using the import server while loading the Main table.

This issue was resolved yesterday and still works fine with the remote system MDC UNSPSC.

Is there anyn settings in the ' Set MDIS Unmapped value handling'? (Right click on the field Product hierarchy field at the destination side). By default it is setting to 'Add' for both the working remote system as well as the non working remote system

SAP MDM 5.5 SP6 and I am using the standard Product Master repository

I tried this in a different remote system MDC R/3 & ERP and it worked some time and didnu2019t work later. If it is working then during the UNSPSC code field mapping, it automatically maps the values also.

The destination side the main table Products and the destination side [Remote key] field is displayed.

Source file, I have only 3 fields and they are Product No, Product Name and UNSPSC Category and UNSPSC Category is mapped to the destination field Product Hierarchy field(lookup hierarchy)

Do I have to map any field or clone any field and map to the [Remote Key Field] in the destination side? If yes, what field I have to clone and map it to the Remote Key filed? Is there any other settings necessary. I am not using any matching with this field or any other field.

Steve.

Edited by: SteveLat on Oct 8, 2009 11:57 PM

Edited by: SteveLat on Oct 9, 2009 12:03 AM

Edited by: SteveLat on Oct 9, 2009 12:47 AM

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos
  • Run the Hierarchy table import(MDIS) first before run the Main (MDIS)

(or)

• Remove the Hierarchy field from the record matching....

thanks,

Alexander.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are using UNSPSC field for Record Matching then remove it and try to import using MDIS.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja