cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create a stacked bar chart?

Former Member
0 Kudos

How do you create a stacked bar chart in Visual Composer?

I have a query with one keyfigure (amount) and drilldowns on Sales Org and Invoice Type. In my chart I want a bar for each Sales Org, and each bar should be divided in sections according to Invoice Type in one single stack. How can I create that?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Are you using BI query? If yes then follow the steps -

1. Take Sales org in rows of BI query. & take invoice type & Key figure in Columns.

2. In VC use this query & drag chart from the output of this query.

3. Right click on chart & go to 'Configure Element'. There select Chart Type as 'Bar chart'

4. Below that you will get default option as clustered, there you select 'Stacked'

5. Create Data series as per your requirement.

6. Arrange proper layout of the model & then deploy.

You will get required output in stacked format.

Regards

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

Thank you for your reply. Yes, I am using a BI7.0-query. I have done steps 1-4 as you've outlined in your reply, but I am not sure how I can arrange the series to get the actual stacked bar chart. I have both Sales Org and Invoice Type as drilldowns on rows. When I add my keyfigure as a series I get one stack for each row in the query (one for each combination of Sales Or and Invoice Type). How should I create my series (or adjust my query) to get one bar for each Sales Org, and each bar stacked according to Invoice Type?

//Pä

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Remove 'Invoice Type' from Rows & Put it in columns. After that in VC you will get multiple data series, one for each 'Invoive Type'.

Then if you add all the data series & make it 'Stacked' then you will get one single column for each sales organization.

There is another way also - Just display the 'Result' row of Invoice Type, so that you will get one single bar for each Sales org.

But in this method you will get invoice type wise break up.

Regards

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Excellent! Now it works. Thank you for your help!

Former Member
0 Kudos

A follow on question to the VC Stack. We have a requirement to display the Top 10 Projects within a given Sales Order.

Is there a way to dyanmically select the Number of Projects on the Stack Bar. The Projects displayed will change on a week to week basis based on the Amount Values. Any feedback on this question is much appreciated.

Answers (0)