cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

questions

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. I think CRM and SRM is not part of regular ERP(SD,MM etc). But they are SAP modules. What is the need of using PI to integration regular ERP with modules like CRM or SRM using PI? Are there any other standard means provided by SAP for communication?

2. Has any one get to integrate using PI-PI or MM-MM or SD-SD? if yes what was your business requirement?

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey,

>Are there any other standard means provided by SAP for communication?

SAP provides some predelivered standard Object, We need to Identify the objects in service market place and download. Usually the standard object for Orders, Invoices etc are available. The predelivered object downloaded from the service market place has extension .tpz file.

Form service.sap.com/swdc then Support Packages and Patches->SAP Application Components-> (Search for XI Content) those .tpz file we need to Import into Design Objects. ( ( Search for SRM ) )

Repository objects for the SRM is predelivered content, we need to do the configuration alone.

The Identified .tpz file is exported to our server - <systemdir>/xi/repository_server/export.

Then Imported into Design Object as Follows

Importing Design Objects:

1)To import design objects, click the design maintenance screen of the Integration Builder.

2)Call the context menu for a namespace or a software component version in the Integration Builder navigation tree and choose Import or choose Tools Import Design Objects

3)Select the Transport Using File System mode and saves a binary export file with the suffix tpz in the export directory of the repository server

4)Call the design maintenance screen of the Integration Builder for the target repository. Choose Tools Import Design Objects.

5)Activate the change list that contains the imported objects

Cheers

Agasthuri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Doss,

I guess we can also use CIF interface to integrate SCM(APO) and ERP.

May be this link is helpfull

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm50/helpdata/en/b9/d71530b48315449fc7b7b99bbcf92c/frameset.htm

and for CRM, it comes with its own middleware called CRM Middleware.

Regards,

Jessica Sam

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You must have a more appropriate Subject for this threaad.

1. CRM has its own CRM Middleware and Bdocs for communciation with SAP systems. But this should be used for small scale integration. Even now at many places, the CRM and ECC communication happens without PI. SRM does not have any such middleware and its standard way of integration with any system incloluding ECC is use of PI. Therefore standard SRM content is also available for using in PI.

2. A simple example on any such scenarion could be merger and acquisition where both the invloved companies already have their SAP landscapes in place and then they need to integrate one with other.

Regards,

Prateek

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> 1. I think CRM and SRM is not part of regular ERP(SD,MM etc). But they are SAP modules. What is the need of using PI to integration regular ERP with modules like CRM or SRM using PI? Are there any other standard means provided by SAP for communication?

I think there is an integration tool available for CRM integration specifically but not exactly aware of the name. But going forward, PI would be whole integration solution from SAP.

> 2. Has any one get to integrate using PI-PI or MM-MM or SD-SD? if yes what was your business requirement?

>

On different systems you mean to say or Business to Business? With in the same system, I do not think PI is needed..!!

VJ