Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HSlider and BI query

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

I have an other issue.

I have a query that returns Plan/actual/variance (cost) into a table. I would like to use a HSlider element to filter the data that is returned in the table (by filtering the actual cost). I would like the person who is looking at the data to be abble to choose the range of value he/she would like to see by using the HSlider. I would like it to work like a the range in the chart element. you could choose the min and max value live and the values in the table would be updated.

Could someone please give me a detailed procedure on how to acheive this?

Thank you very much and have a good day.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

HSlider will not work as range in Chart. This is because in slider lower & Upper limit is fixed & you can select & pass the in between values to the table. You can select perticular value & pass it to table & you can see relevent record or records in the table. But you can not see values in perticular range.

Regards

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sandeep,

Thanks for your answer, but i'm not sure i get it.

Do you mean that it's not possible to dynamicaly change the recordset displayed in the table with a slider?

I have no problem with having a lower & upper limit fixed. Let me give you an example:

I have data value going from 100 to 100000. These will be the limits i would set.

But, what i want is for the user to be able to use the slider and only see the values between 50000 and 100000.

Is that possible?

So the limits don't change but we can see values between the fixed limits.

If this can be done, could you please tell me a step by step way on how to do it. Or can you point out a document i could look at?

Thanks and Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Its possible to change value dynamically but nit as you have describe.

When we use chart - there are lower & Upper Ranges ( 0 - 100) In this case you can slide pointer at 100 & at 0 also.

But in Slider there is only one pointer between lower & upper value. You can select any one value between the range but not the range. If you specify offset then it will partially accept the range but again range will be fixed.

Regards

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sandeep,

Thanks again.

I think i get what you mean. Is there anyway to do what i want to do? I only want to change the min value of the range. The max value stays the same.

Thank you and Regards

Answers (0)