cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Passport in IE8 with Windows 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

Has anyone experience in installing SAP passport for Windows 7 IE8. I use smb portal but when I apply a new passport a VBScript error message appear with following content.

Error in call CreateRequest (Vista) The object must be defined

Thanks in advance.

Nghia

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pull down the Cert in firefox, then go to Tools->options->advanced and choose view certificates. Select the Your Certificates Tab, select your certificate, and then back it up. after doing that, go to a command prompt and run mmc. Following that, choose file->add snap-in. then navigat to your personal certificates folder, right click on it and choose to import the cert. You will have to change the extension it is looking for to .p12 and then import the cert. After getting the cert in the certificate store, IE8 on WIn 7 64bit worked for me.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Robert,

It's worked.

Regards

Nghia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Problem solved

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

I am experiencing the same problem. I too prefer to use IE for various reasons. Also, I wouldn't necessarily say it is strictly an IE problem as I cannot get the passport to install in Google Chrome either. But as mentioned, it does work in FF, so I've been using that as a work-around, but it isn't a solution. If anyone comes up with a way to install the SAP Passport in IE8 under Windows 7, I'd love to know. The settings mentioned in the help for installing the certificate under Vista do not seem to apply to W7.

Thanks,

Tom

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you prefer IE, you have to search solution on the web to solve the problem. This is not B1 related issue. I like Firefox more.

Thanks,

Gordon

Former Member
0 Kudos

It was not really constructive attitude.

Of course I looking in other forum. I just hope more person work with SAP Passport in SAP forum as in MS forums.

Regards.

Nghia

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have told you the truth. Even though it is SAP Passport issue, it related to IE8 with Windows 7. It is not SAP but MS issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Nghia,

Have you tried any other browsers like Firefox?

Thanks,

Gordon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gordon,

Yes, with Mozilla it's work but it just work around not solution. I preferred IE .

Thank you.

Nghia