cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC Synchronous Scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Scenario : HTTP (Synchronous) XI to R/3 (RFC Synchrnous)

Our customers are accessing our R/3 system(S) from an HTTP client to get their PO Status.

Our interface is working fine when they give a valid PO and in HTTP they are getting a proper response,but when we give a PO which has no information or wrong PO number, the the sender is able to see the error message properly, but in XI I am getting an error saying that "RFC_Adapter" > Application Error.

1) When we execute the RFC directly in R/3 the exceptions are taking place appropriately

2) The RFC structure has not been changed recently. Still, I have reimported that and activated that and still we are having the same issue.

3) I looked into the ST22 and there is no Dump

What else could be the reason for the above problem. We are in SP 16.

Thank you all.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mohan,

Possibilities -

1) Uncaught exception in the RFC call

2) May be because of Data Format/Type mismatch

<i>2) I looked into the ST22 and there is no Dump</i>

Did you check in R/3 ST22 ??

Also check the Response Message Structure from RFC..

I have got similar errors..But it was because of uncaught exceptions ..It was having data type mismatch problem with me..

Check the latest version of the RFC also.. ie. if you changed the code and did not activate the code..

Check this SAP Note - 730870

Thanks,

Moorthy

Message was edited by: Krishna Moorthy P

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Krishna.

Uncaught exception in R/3 or in XI? What kind of Data Mismatch you are mentioning below? How to resolve the Uncaught exception , should I do it in R/3 or in XI?

Yes, I looked ST22 in R/3.

Thanks Krishna.

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Uncaught exception is in R/3 ->RFC ..

For this you need to analyse your data and then you need to check the RFC .. Is it validating or not..

In ST22 of R/3 are you getting any error ??? SHort dump etc..

Thanks,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not getting any Short Dump in R/3. Only in XI I am getting that error.