Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating receiver rules

markus_staudigel
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello everybody,

I am trying to get through the guide "SAP NetWeaver Process Integration - Demo Example Configuration" (for which I'd like to post a valid link but couldn't find one). In chapter 4.5.5, where you have to define receiver rules, it says:

1. In the Integration Builder menu choose *Object -> New*.

2. Under Configuration Objects select Receiver Rule.

3. Make the following entries:

u2022 Name: XIDemoAirlineID_LH

u2022 Description: Receiver Rule for AirlineID LH

4. Choose Create.

5. Select the input help in the column Condition.

The condition editor is displayed.

6. In the condition editor, select the input help in the column Left Operand.

7. Select the context object AirlineID.

8. Choose Apply.

9. Choose OK.

10. In the condition editor for the Right Operand enter LH.

11. Choose OK.

12. Select the communication component <SID>_106 and save the receiver rule.

The problem is: When creating an object in the Integration Builder I don't get the choice of creating a receiver rule. All I see under Configuration Objects is Configuration Scenario, Receiver Determination, Interface Determination and Value Mapping Group.

What is wrong here!? I'd really appreciate any help.

Best regards

Markus

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is nothing but a receiver determination creation ,which is called as receiver rule /routing rule for processing the incoming message ...

Once you create this then need to specify the receiver business system/service for processing the same

Rajesh

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> This is nothing but a receiver determination creation ,which is called as receiver rule /routing rule for processing the incoming message ...

>

> Once you create this then need to specify the receiver business system/service for processing the same

>

> Rajesh

there is an object called receiver rule from PI 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks shabarish... for your info...

Rajesh

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

markus_staudigel
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks for all of your answers!

In fact Shabarish's answer pointed me to what was going on. We are running PI 7.0 and the Demo Examples I was working with aimed at PI version 7.1! Now I downloaded the 7.0 document and everything became clear

Best regards

Markus

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is related to Receiver Determination creation. Create a Receiver Determination with the relevant Source System, Interface and then in the Condition editor make the entry for the Context Object (AirlineId)...Left Operand and in right Operand type LH.

May be this can help: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/6a/b7eb412d7f9c39e10000000a155106/content.htm

Regards,

Abhishek.

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you will find receiver rules inside the Receiver determination node in the objects tab