cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport for Planning Book Deletion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

We would like to remove some obsolete planning books in our production system and we would like to do it via transports. The system doesn't pop up for a transport request number when the planning book is deleted. So I am planning to do the following steps.

1. Give the planning book names in the transaction /SAPAPO/TSOBJ and create a transport.

2. Delete the planning book manually in /SAPAPO/SDP8B transaction.

Please let me know if anyone has done like this before. Any other better suggestion is also welcome.

Regards,

Senthilrajan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Senthil,

Ideally, transport request should get created whenever a planning view is getting deleted. If that is not the case then follow the steps u have mentioned but in reverse order i.e. step 2 first then step 1.

Hope there is preprosuction system in your landscape so that it can be checked before gets deployed to production.

Thanks & Regards,

Jagadeesh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

aparna_ranganathan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Senthil,

As Jagadeesh has mentioned , when you go to sdp8B and click on "delete" option , the system should automatically prompt you to create a transport request. I tried this in my development system and it does prompt for a transport request with the message "the transport layer has been configured" .

I think some configuration is missing in your system. Please check that out.

Thanks

Saradha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Both,

I am getting the popup for the transport request now though I didn't change any configuration. I guess the popup for transport request is skipped under some strange conditions. I will do some research on this later. Anyways thanks a lot for your assistance.

Regards,

Senthilrajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I'm new to APO but expereienced in SAP BW/BI with BO. I would like to know some use full tips and hints for APO-DP Forecasting reports and sample reports...

please advice...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I'm new to APO but expereienced in SAP BW/BI with BO. I would like to know some use full tips and hints for APO-DP Forecasting reports and sample reports...

please advice...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sam,

Kindly start a new thread so that you get more responses from diff people.

Regards,

Senthilrajan