Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Valuating material during inprocess inspection

vineeth_varghese
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

The scenario I am facing in steel industry. We are having prodn order for "Billet". At every hr Billet will be inspected through inprocess inspn with insp points.

Case 1: If "Fe" content is between .01 to .04 its A grade Billet.

Case 2 : if "Fe" content is between .05 to .08 then it is B Grade BIllet.

B Grade Billet is actually degraded material and sold with less price than A Grade Billet. How can I handle this scenario.

Thanks for suggestions

Vineeth

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

vineeth_varghese
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thx

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Vineeth

The partial quantity you put is a information quantity and it is not at all related with the confirmation or the GR. And also there is no standard for summing up these partial quantity .

Either you do manualy or you can make a Z report program to sum it up

Regards

Gajesh

vineeth_varghese
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Gajesh,

Then what is this "Last partial lot assignment" is meant for in routing operations tab. Could you please guide me if your are clear about it.

SAP explanations say "Quantity postings from partial lots to the warehouse stock are only possible with operations for which this indicator is set"

Thx

Vineeth

vineeth_varghese
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Last partial lot helps in automatic stock proposal at time of GR for the order, if we did partial or final confirmation at time of valuation of inspection point.

This tread is closed.

Thanks for your support

Vineeth

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Vineeth

This is arrived manualy. You can use QE71 which gives all details in a tabular manner. Or else create a small Z report to avoid the manual calculation.

Will request you to post the same issue in PP forum so that you may get more ideas

Regards

Gajesh

vineeth_varghese
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Gajesh,

I am almost clear about this, by having discussion with you.

I got a simple doubt.

The case I am taking is all produced qty (2000) is of good grades and belongs to a single batch i.e. 8 times I assigned partial qty and assigned same batch for that shift's production. At end of shift PP guy is doing GR for total shift QTY , is there any way this 2000 will be proposed to him automatically. Let me make it simple, whats the use of we entering partial qty, is it inventory specific or for just an information. Will this qty be proposed at time of GR. Is there anyway we can automate, whatever this partial qty is our GR qty to be posted.

Thx

Vineeth

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Vineeth

The inspection point is given at 03 inspection. But the degrading is done once the GR is done. They check the results during the inprocess , 03 inspection and there in we have given quantity field also in the inspection point where in they can put the quantity.

once the batch is ready for GR they take the information from 03 and then do GR the entire quantity. Quality person will then post it accordingly degrading the material if required.

Are you using PP -PI

Regards

Gajesh

vineeth_varghese
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Gajesh,

Do you arrive at 1800 and 200 by calculating it manually. Core user cant do GR every hr as inprocess inspn for every hour. My issue is at end of shift, 8 qty details (8 inspn points) should be manually added. Is there any report were we can get details of this quantity, so atleast core user can arrive total qty with less manual intervention.

Thx

Vineeth

vineeth_varghese
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Gajesh,

Do you arrive at 1800 and 200 by calculating it manually. Core user cant do GR every hr as inprocess inspn for every hour. My issue is at end of shift, 8 qty details (8 inspn points) should be manually added. Is there any report were we can get details of this quantity, so atleast core user can arrive total qty with less manual intervention.

Thx

Vineeth

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Vineeth

i had a similar kind of requirement. for the production of Grade A if there were 2000 Kg , 1800 will be ok, 200 has to be degraded. GR was done for 2000kg and inspection lot will be created. In this i have given the option of inspection point. for ok material i will do the result recording by putting in inspection point as Grade A and for Grade B again i will do the result recording with grade B results.

While doing the posting i post 1800 to unrestricted and 200 to new material where i downgrade it into Grade B.

Regards

Gajesh

vineeth_varghese
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Gajesh,

Requirements are almost same for me, can you tell me at what stage did you used inspection points at 03 inspection or at 04 inspection.

I think transfering to a new material is possible at stock relevant inspection 04. Did you used inprocess inspection ie 03.

How did you arrived at 1800 and 200, is it automatically or by manual entry by referring inspection point reference. Why I am asking this is in my case every one hour this inspection will happen and client is not interested in GR at every one hour.

They are looking for GR posting only at end of shift. But grading will happen every hr as A or B Grades.

Thanks

Vineeth