SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reg- Device Replacement

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am working on Device Replacement. I have a doubt in that i have 2 device categorys(dcat) having 2 devices. s1 and s2 , and another device category(dcat1) having a device s3. full installation is done for dcat. i tried replacing devices with in same device category s1 and s2 , but its showing ' Device not in specifications' . But s1 got replaced with s3 which is not installed. Is it that we cant replace devices of same device category?

Thanks,

Archana

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Archana,

As far as I know about Device Replacement:

Device Replacement allows you to enter the replacement of a device by another device with the same function

from the same or similar device category. A device is replaced instead of being both removed

and installed if the following data is to be transferred to the new device:

· Rate data

· Register relationships

· Device relationships

· Register-related periodic consumption

· Disconnected status

For detailed solution about Device replacement, go thru the link mentioned below:

http://help.sap.com/search/highlightContent.jsp

See, if it can help you in getting some resolution to ur query.

Thanks,

Abhishek

0 Kudos

If the link mentioned by me in previous reply canot get open, then this is the detailed answer to your query:

Implementation Considerations

This component is optional because you can also replace a device with the Installation and Removal (ISU-DM-DI-IN or OU) components. However, if you use these components, all links and register relationship are deleted. Therefore, it is often much easier to replace a device. For example, a replacement is necessary if an installed device is damaged or if it is to be certified with the Device Inspection (ISU-DMIS) component.

Integration

You can transfer data to external systems using IDoc ISU_RPL_ORDER.

Further information on IDocs:

· For general information, see IDoc Interface/Electronic Data Interchange

· For detailed information, see Using Documentation Tools

Here you determine which documentation you can display for a certain IDoc.

You can use enhancement EDMEG901 to change the predefined order and notification codes when work orders or notifications are created.

Features

In the case of a replacement, you can enter meter readings recorded at the time of installation or removal.

A device may lose lot membership or certification regardless of the activity reason. For more information, go to Customizing and choose Device Management ® Installation ® Basic Settings Define System Parameters for Installation/Removal/Replacement.

Thanks,

Abhishek

0 Kudos

Thanks abhishek

0 Kudos

HI Archana,

Please award points if you found the answer helpful.

marked the question as answered & close the thread.

Thanks,

Abhishek