cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

search help event

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi In my app I have an input field that is attached to value search. When user selects an item, the number of this item is of course put into the input field. Now I want to find out the name of this item. I have a function to fetch the name of the item. But my problem is what event can I use to raise to trigger the function call. In WD4J I use calcualted fields, but what do I do in WD4A? Thank you regards yuvaL PEERY

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you used any SH(Search Help)/OVS or DOMAIN has some values in it.

Only modifyview gets triggered no other event is triggered,

If you are using any SH/OVS then we can expect F4 event that gets triggered.

Regards,

Lekha.

Edited by: Lekha on Oct 5, 2009 5:23 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi The domain has a list of values on it. When you select an item from a pop up window, the key is put into your input field. Now what I want to do is to catch the event and call a function to fetch the value based on the key. Thank you yuval

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In that case, you donot have any event that gets triggered,

In order to have an event to trigger, you need to have the Custom Search Help or OVS to have the item being captured.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Is there any event triggered on context change?

Regards

yuval

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Which search help u are using?

Regards,

Pankaj Aggarwal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, we can do that.

The modifyview gets triggered in this case.

Refer these links -

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/47/a8e5d273b12fe2e10000000a42189d/frameset.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/ae/eb56bd5dce494ebc89d55ebfc1fa96/frameset.htm

Regards,

Lekha.

Edited by: Lekha on Oct 5, 2009 6:04 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Lekha Thank you for the advice. I put my instructions into wddomodify and it works, of course. Why I did'nt think about it? regards yuval

Answers (0)