Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ST14 Security Optimization Self Service EMPTY

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are trying to set up "Security Optimization Self Service", following OSS-note 696478, where it says "You want to use transaction ST14 to view the data determined for the SAP Security Optimization locally on your system".

Authorisations are sufficient - we have double-checked.

We set up the job as described in section "Scheduling the data collection" of the OSS-note, but it completes after a few seconds. When we try "Local viewing of data collected" (as described in the OSS-note), it is empty.

We have applied OSS-note 1313086.

We have read OSS-notes 1016166, 873038 and 864912, but they do not apply to this version (the version already contains the fixes).

What is missing?

This is an ECC6 on SAP NetWeaver 7.00 with SP 18.

ST-A/PI is 01L_ECC600 .

PS I have posted an OSS-msg, but I thought I'd try this audience, too.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have made some progress.

OSS-note 696478 says "To start the Security Optimization data collector in transaction ST14,

you require (...) an authorization for the

authorization object S_PTCH_ADM with the values SECURITY-CHECK for the

field COMPONENT and 02 for the field ACTVT. An authorization for this

object with the * value for both fields is not sufficient."

I found standard profile S_SWCM, which contains this particular authorisation for S_PTCH_ADM and granted it to the relevant user-ID.

The analysis job has run for more than 4900 seconds.

However, when it finishes, no results are visible.

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have made some progress.

OSS-note 696478 says "To start the Security Optimization data collector in transaction ST14,

you require (...) an authorization for the

authorization object S_PTCH_ADM with the values SECURITY-CHECK for the

field COMPONENT and 02 for the field ACTVT. An authorization for this

object with the * value for both fields is not sufficient."

I found standard profile S_SWCM, which contains this particular authorisation for S_PTCH_ADM and granted it to the relevant user-ID.

The analysis job has run for more than 4900 seconds.

However, when it finishes, no results are visible.

0 Kudos

HI Peter ,

For security optimization collector to collect data along with S_PTCH_ADM authorization user also requires authorization to S_ADMI_FCD object and filed vaues "AUDD" and "ST0R.

Also check the existance of solution manager system in the landscape. transaction code SMSY is used for this. and then start solution_manager transaction code and create new solution to finish the configuration steps in solution manager.

Regards

Kantikiran

0 Kudos

Thank you for your reply.

Actually, the same profile S_SWCM also contains an authorisation for object S_ADMI_FCD for values:

AUDA

AUDD

ST0M

ST0R

The Solution Manager is there, all right, but as a first step I want to see the data that is collected - before it is sent to the SolMan.

0 Kudos

In transaction ST14 click UTILITIES > ANALYSIS BROWSER. This opens up a screen where you click on the desired analysis from the local system. Click the view data button and expand the tree to drill into the data collected.

If your job is completing in a few seconds, you may have a security error for the user entered in the BS User for SAPNet R/3 Frontend parameter. You will see this error when you expand the data under the ABS section.

Edited by: Greg Capps on Oct 7, 2009 8:58 PM

0 Kudos

Thank you for your reply.

Now that the authorisations problem has been solved (see my previous reply) the analysis takes a long time.

However, when I look at the results (Analysis browser) it does not contain anything. I'd include a screenshot if I could... .

0 Kudos

Actuallly, I misunderstood the UI.

I needed menu entry UTILITIES > ANALYSIS BROWSER (as Greg Capps noted).

The button with the Overview icon and the word Analysis is NOT the Analysis browser.