cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selective ordering of item after bid creation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it possible for me to create a bid as a strategic purchaser in SRM for item 'X' where in i invite 2 suppliers( A & B) & during processing i accept both bids , ordering 40 % of item 'X' from supplier A and the remaining 60 % from supplier B.?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Puneet_Sikarwar
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Nikhil,

How did you solved this problem as we have similar requirement?

Best Regards

Puneet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The purpose of Bid is to get the cost advantage from one supplier -100%

Normally the client will not accept this kind of bids what you are porposing .

if the client requires ordering 40 % of item 'X' from supplier A and the remaining 60 % from supplier B

you can do so .

1) you have to accept the both bid from the supplier

2. raise p.o for the qty and the price that is decided

It is possible in SRM the purpose of Bidding is defeated here.

Regards

G.Ganesh Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ganesh,

What i am trying to say is that if as a strategic purchaser i create a bid for 100 items of product X and invite 2 vendors say 'A' & 'B'. Both vendors then respond to the bid for 100 items. But then as a strategic purchaser i order 40 items from A & 60 from B.

I wont be telling the vendors initially that i'll be ordering only 40 % & 60% from them respectively. It is only after i receive their response that i do that.

Is this possible in SRM?

Thanks,

Nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes ,that is possible in SRM

you have to accept both the bid.

Raise p.o as per the % indicated.

Regards

G.Ganesh Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again,

That is what i am asking. where do i mention the percentages ? because if i try creating a PO from the "RFX response" it'll create a PO for all the 100 items that i had ordered. How do i select what percentage of items i must order in the RFX response?

Thanks

Nikhil.

Former Member
0 Kudos

How do i select what percentage of items i must order in the RFX response?

You don't have the chance to indicate quantity percentage in follow-on POs. You'd have to calculate and enter the absolute quantities in POs manually based on your desired percentage split of the original RFQ. For example:

Create PO_1 from Quote_1 and fill in item quantity in PO_1 as 40 (if the required total quantity is 100 units);

Create PO_2 from Quote_2 and fill in item quantity in PO_2 as 60 .