cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM XML Invoice Inbound prereqs and capabilitites?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Limited info exists on receiving XML invoices in SRM. Looking for additional documentation. I am working with SRM 4.0 standalone.

- Can SRM accept XML invoices without a 2 way match only

without requiring a confirmation?

- Can SRM accept XML non-PO invoices?

I know manually these can be done in SRM but not sure with XML invoice. From limited documentation found, it seems the XML invoice requires a receipt(GR) do be done at some point which implies requiring a PO and a 3 way match.

Thanks,

Bryan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bryan,

1- Yes

For 2 or 3 way match invoice, this depend on the value of PO flag "GR based IV". The FM BBP_IV_ASSIGNMENT will get proposal for the invoice:

- if this flag is not set, PO data is used

- else GR data is used

2- Yes

you should look at FM BBP_BC_INVOICE_CREATE2.

Deeper in the functions, there is a call to BBP_IV_CRT_CHECK where I can read:

• non-PO invoices are not supported in a market set multi company environment --> this is rarely the case

The kind of invoice (PO or non PO) is determined in FM BBP_IV_REF_OBJ_CHECK that checks reference objects:

- If none, then this is a non PO invoice,

- if some, then the PO reference are checked:

• If the ref. PO doesn't exist this may have several reasons:

• -> We deal with a classic scenario where the PO is located in the backend

• -> We deal with a industry or customer specific scenario

• (e.g. leasing) with the PO located elsewhere

• -> There is an error in the invoice and the referenced PO really does not exist.

• In all cases we just raise an error because they are not supp.

• If the sybtype of the PO is c_subtype_ep we are dealing with an extended classic or direct material scenario.

• We raise an error because this is not supported

Usual limitation: inbound flow (from SUS or external XML doc) for GR or IV does not support ECS.

In classic mode, the std design is to send those docs directly in R/3 (then we loose the SRM approval feature --> see threads on this topic).

In local mode, no problem for those inbound docs.

With new SRM 5.0 Invoice Management System, all scenarios are supported (for IV).

Rgds

Christophe