cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create BAPI Wrapper

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I am working on a Create Scenario using SAP NW mobile 7.1 and trying to understand what are the reconciliation options offered by the NW Mobile. Any lights on the same will be really useful.

Regards,

Shubham

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you elaborate little more on what are these reconciliation options. I mean I did not get your question.

Regards,

Liji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Liji,

Here is the scenario:

Say I am creating a Sales Order from my mobile Device using my custom client application on Nokia handset (NOT using SAP Standard Client). In this case I will generate a order number on my mobile device and send to SAP where the actual SO number will be generated. In the meantime there were 5 more order that were generated in the backend. So in all I will get 6 orders back in the next sync. How will I reconcile the order number created on the device with the order number from the backend.

I want to know the options and the best practice here.

Regards,

Shubham

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For the order that you have created in your device, you will get confirmation with new Order number created in backend. Device should always work with synckey and not the backend key of a row. So your confirmation will have same synckey whatever you are generating and sending. So your custom application can replace the temporary order number with permanent order number on getting confirmation based on synckey that you have sent.

For other orders created in backend, the device will get insert messages with its own synckey(DOE's unique key for any row).

So your application has to refer a row based on synckey.

Regards,

Dhana

Edited by: Dhanasekhar Karuppanan on Oct 5, 2009 2:49 PM

Edited by: Dhanasekhar Karuppanan on Oct 5, 2009 3:00 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dhana,

Thanks for your reply. I need to understand the flow in a CREATE cycle:

As per my understanding, when I send a create message to the DOE, it calls the Create BAPI in the backend. If the BAPI call is successful it will fire the GETDetail BAPI with the Backend Key to get the order details. In this case will the DOE automatically take care of inserting the Key Generated by me on the device in the message before its sent back to the Mobile Device?

Thanks,

Shubham

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You are correct. DOE takes care of replacing the permanent key(backend key) in place of temporary key.

Regards,

Dhana

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In a create scenario, the only 'data reconciliation' I can think of is the backend keys. You can leave generation of keys to the backend. i.e. The create BAPI wrapper returns the backend keys. After calling Create, the DOE will automatically replace whatever keys are sent by the client by the ones created in the backend (and returned by the Create call). This data will also automatically be replicated to devices to which it is relevant (as per the distribution model).

Apart from this, errors thrown by the Create call will cause the message to be rejected (and a rejection will be sent to the device)