cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reason for Movement mandatory in QA11

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How can I make "Reason for Movement" and its "Text" field mandatory in QA11?

Please Suggest.

Thanks & Regards

V. Devaraj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

As per my knowledge you are referring to the Return delivery (mvt type 122) --reason for mvt.

this can be made mandetory by SHD0 tcode.

Please refer these useful links,

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/67/232037ebf1cc09e10000009b38f889/frameset.htm

https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/Snippets/Transaction%20Variant%20-%20A%20Step%20by%20Step%20Gu...

Sujit

Edited by: SujitSND on Oct 5, 2009 3:47 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Devaraj,

Reason for movements can be made mandatory in STD SAP MM module configuration.

Pl follow the following path

SPRO- Materials Management - Inventory Management & physical inventory-record reason for goods movements

here go to control reason and enter the movement type now select the reason. you have to select + i.e. Entry in this field is required.

your problem will resolve.

Regards,

Anil Mahajan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

I want to use reason for mvt for 350 Mvt tyep.

I have already done the below settings in MM.

SPRO- Materials Management - Inventory Management & physical inventory-record reason for goods movements

here go to control reason and enter the movement type now select the reason. you have to select + i.e. Entry in this field is required.

But the user can cancel the Reason for Mvt and Text by clicking Cancel (F12)

How can I make mandatory without cancelling the Reason for Movement.

Thanks & Regards

V. Devaraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Devaraj,

I have checked the same and it is ok. System makes reason for movement mandatory. If your user cancells it then he must not able to post the document.

Kindly check and confirm.

Regards,

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Anil,

You are correct. It is not possible to post 350 mvt in MB1B without entering reason for movement.

But In my case I want to do the same in QA11 Inspection Lot stock posting entry in blocked stock. Here it is possible to cancel the reason for movement using F12 (350 mvt).

Kindly check and confirm.

Regards

V. Devaraj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Devaraj,

In this case i think using a field exit will solve your problem. Pl discuss with your ABAP consultant and give him your requirement.

Logic as - if there is no entry in reason for movement &f Qty is putted in blocked stock then system should not allow for processing by error message.

Try out and revert in case you required any more help.

Thanks,

Anil