cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing BP Purch orgn for Release Authorised Purch Orgn - GOA Distribution

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have created a new P Orgn in the orgn structure for SRM 5.0. The new P Orgn is visible in Header Basic data. However, I'm puzzled it is not showing in the Distribution tab under 'Release Authorised Purch Orgn'. Pls guide on how to go abt this? I'll give full points to anyone who could solve this puzzle for me. Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

Just to share the resolution. Apparently there were inconsistentency P Orgn created in PPOMA_BBP. The search display on the GOA distribution was truncated due to missing business partner on one of the old P orgn because of the struc.

Root Orgn

- > Company 1

- P Orgn 1

- New P Orgn

- > Company 2

- P Orgn 2

-> Company 3

- Missing BP for P Orgn 3

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sarav,

The P ORGN function have been assigned with backend system. We need to distribute the GOA to backend.

Another input, i left out earlier. The search list is visible in dev server, but not in test server. Any ideas? support patch?

Rgds, Ira

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sara & Muthu,

I have created the new P orgn through PPOMA_BBP. Strangely, I can see the new P Orgn from the drop down list under Header - Basic data, but the drop down in Header - Distribution is not visible. I have redo the P orgn in PPOMA_BBP and create again the new P orgn. However the new P orgn still not visible under Release Authorised P Orgn search list.

But, if i enter the BP number on the Release Authorised P Orgn field, it will display the new P orgn.

I have search sap notes but still no clue.

I'm lost, help pls.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jamal,

It is ok that you create it through ppoma_bbp. have to linked it to the backend purchasing organization? If you have not then it is considered a local purchasing organization and not backend purchasing organization. Distribution happens only to the backend purchasing organization.

In ppoma_bbp, go to the purchasing organization you have created. Go to the "Function" tab. Under the "Local" box, check if the backend purchasing organization is entered in "Corresponds to" along with the backend logical destination. This should have been there to link the p.org to backend.

Regards

Saravanan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Basically the new Purch Ogn have been configured in backend, in our case its SAP R3. We have configure MMM side, but still the search list does't show the new P Orgn. Is there any limit for search listing screen? However, if we just keyin in the business partner number in the field it will capture the new P Orgn. Any advise?

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jamal

Do you map the newly created Purchase organisation in PPOMA_BBP and make ensure that that new POrg created BP number in PPOMA_BBP

br

muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jamal,

As Muthu has mentioned, did you setup the P.Org in ppoma_bbp and link it to the R/3 purchase organization? Otherwise, it will not show up in the distribution tab.

Regards

Saravanan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jamal,

The distribution is meant for distributing contracts to backend systems. I think you will only get the purch orgs that are linked to backend (R/3 or ECC p.orgs). I am not sure though. Please, check this.

Regards

Saravanan.