cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Results Analysis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good day all,

I am creating a validation on WBS element that should check the coding mask of the superior WBS element to validate that the lower level WBS being created is following the same sequence but this does not seem to work. What is the use of the superior WBS element functionality on validations and how can I go about to create this validation.

My coding mask on a level 2 is structured as 9.715002.1.001 and the level 3 should be 9.715002.1.001.1 and so I need to validate that the level is correct instead of it being created as 9.715002.1.005.1

The validation I created was done as follows:

PRPS-POSID :12-14: = RCJ_PRPSUP-POSID : 12-14:

Please help

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

first thing why is the topic Results Analysis - thisis a functiona;ity in PS

secondly not sure why you are doing this validation as this is standard derive structure i.e when you create a wbs below a level 2 you will inherit the preceeding chars anyway

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry for using an incorrect subject on the thread,

Thanks for the quick response.

I know about the derive structure functionality but the user are not using it and the project allows for the incorrectly created WBS to be saved. If there is a way in which the derive structure functionality can automatically be executed, I will gladly go for it. Any advice on that??

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

how are you creating new WBSE in your project?

In Simple, Go to CJ20N, open the project you are working on. Drag & drop the WBS from the tamplate area on to the WBSE iin your project structure, where you want your new WBSE to appear.

This will resolve your problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are creating the new WBS elements from transaction CJ02 as business has explicitly said they are do not want to use CJ20N. I found an include FCJWBSRT_CHECK_NEW_STRUCTURE that does exactly what I want but I cannot get to include it on my validations or on the project profile for it to be executed automatically.

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

for that in validation you will have to use the exit option then write a small code with the include

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In that case, take help from your ABAPer

Answers (0)