cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no text in smartform after saving

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

i've got an action in Service desk to email the reported by.

when i type a description in the description box, select the action: email to reported by. and save everything. the reported by will receive a smartform in pdf but in the pdf there will be no long text appear.

when i first click at save, then the action and save again. the will be the text appear in the pdf.

is this normal?

what i want is to type a description, select the action and save. and that the pdf will be filled with the long text.

regards Henk

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

sorry, but i don't want to have a mail action in the background.

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Henk,

Then in that case u need to follow the procedure i told you earlier.

because technically i told wht is the problem .....so the only solution is to go the procedural way or schedule the action in background.

Hope it helps

Regards

Prakhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

allright. it that case i will do that.

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

this is also standing in the rules of engagement

Do not ask for points - This forum should be firstly about information exchange; points are an incentive and a way of saying thanks.

Asking for points is like asking someone to say "thank you": The only time we do this in real life is when teaching a child good manners. Saying it to an adult is insulting, so why do it in the forums? If someone keeps asking questions without awarding points, simply stop answering them or use the abuse button to report it.

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Henk

This is happening because ur action is already schedule whn you select it and it take the curent and mail it

but the change u entered is gng later

So always first make the changes in the ticket ...Press the save button

and now click on action which call a method and fil the smarftorm with current data in ticket and wil mail

Hope it is clear

Regards

Prakhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answer but this is allready what i noticed.

it is not possible to do how i want it?

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes

it is possible to do that by automating the mailing part

so whenver you have made the changes and press the save button ......in the behind it will trigger a mail for you with the details

for creating an email action ...check here

/people/dolores.correa/blog/2007/09/18/sending-e-mail-from-support-message

Regards

Prakhar