cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

An interesting problem...

Former Member
0 Kudos

A 3rd party application connects to an SBO 2005 DB and perform an 'update' activity on some Data Object.

The problem is that other add-ons which are connected to the same DB being disconnected when the 3rd party application starts.

All the interaction between the 3rd party application as well as the add-ons to the SBO DB going through the DI API.

Some technical info:

1) The SBO is 2005 on sqlserver 2005.

2) 3rd party application sits on the same server of the SBO company DB.

3) All clients run from separate machines.

4) The AddOn that being used is UI and also DI.

Any chance anyone is familiar or experience such a problem?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Eneveux
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

AS,

Do you experiance the same problem when running SAP Business One 2005A on MS SQL Server 2000 SP3? MS SQL Server 2005 is not supported with SAP Business One 2005A without Service Pack 01 for SAP Business One 2005A.

Eddy

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't know if my problem is the same or not. But I also experienced similar thing. My addon is also a UI-DI single signon connection. If there are other addon are operating, the single sign on object prompt fail to connect to company DB (error code -112). If I discount the previously connected addon, the single sign on addon able to connect!

1) SBO 2005 on SQLserver 2000

2) all in the same server (development server)

Eneveux
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Bo,

This may be an issue with the number of users logged into (or trying to log into) the same company under the same named user license. You can only have two users logged into the same company using the same named user license. If one addon is logged in using names user "X" and the same user is in Business One under user "X" and another addon tryes to execute using the same licese and named user "X", you will be denied.

Hope that helps,

Eddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Edward:

Thank you for your reply! However because I am very new at it, I have a pretty stupid question. If I am using single sign-on method where program is actually using the current SBO interface's username and password to operate. Does that mean I can't have more than 2 single signon Addon operational at one time? Or does it only apply to DI-API or DI server addon's>? Thank You!

Trinidad
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Regarding the error with number -112. It is a known problem for which several notes have been created, please check them and if you don't success to fix it please create a CSN message. The notes are:

Hope it helps

Trinidad.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Trinidad for your answer:

However can you still tell me if it's ok for two or more single sign on addon to execute under the same user name and application? Thank You again