cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PS SD Integration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

The requirment is like: For every line item, in ACCOUNT ASSIGNMENT tab of a sales order , we have field of WBS ELEMENT, ORDER (Network). And every line item is linked to a BILLING WBS ELEMENT in a project.

Now, client wants that instead of linking a line item to a BILLING WBS ELEMENT, it should be linked to a NETWORK and its corresponding ACTIVITY. Means there should be new field for NETWORK ACTIVITY in account assignment tab.

I dont think it is possible to do that as sale order logic is clear that it will only allow that line item to bill which is linked to a BILLING WBS ELEMENT in project, but even then I need some good advice if we can achieve this.

What will be the impact in PS , if by some means we achieve this.

Thanks

DHRUV

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SD linkages bring revenue to Project

Revenue is not managed in networks

Networks are for costing only - PS-SD integration is there for assembly processing where the network header is linked as scheduled line on a sales order, however for billing plan there is only WBS for account assignment

you only achieve what your clients wants by development

however I would question the client requirement and try and understand what they really want

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

item categories for sales order is an SD config and has nothing to do with posting revenues to network activity

better change your consultant !!!

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the expert comments and advice.

Former Member
0 Kudos

SD should be linked to WBS only.

Suggest to understand why the client require it to be in Network.

It could be customized report instead of bending the solutions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dhruv,

As per my understanding, even if you try and bring Network activity in account assignment tab page,the object Network activity does not support the business transaction " Create Sales document".You can check this in the list of Business transaction permitted in the Network activity status.

This is a problem which I faced when i tried to bring network activity in sales order.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.