Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Users vs role assigned list

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I want to get list of all the users vs roles assigned to them.

For this when i used t-code suim i got all the roles list to all the users,which did not server the purpose.

I want the users with their respective role list.

Is there any way in sap that we can get such a list.

Please update

Regards

Sandeep

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

In SUIM click on the drop down to search for users>> complex selection criteria.In user tab put "*" and click on execute, you will get all the list of users existing in that system. In the same screen where you can see the list of the users, click on "Roles" tab you will get all the roles assigned to the respective users with validity date.

You can export that in a spread sheet and do the analysis.

15 REPLIES 15

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I do not understand what the problem is with the SUIM output but maybe table AGR_USERS is more helpful to you?

Former Member
0 Kudos

In SUIM click on the drop down to search for users>> complex selection criteria.In user tab put "*" and click on execute, you will get all the list of users existing in that system. In the same screen where you can see the list of the users, click on "Roles" tab you will get all the roles assigned to the respective users with validity date.

You can export that in a spread sheet and do the analysis.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

0 Kudos

The way sap.sec.akshay described is the best to get the full data in a good layout as the requester is looking for.

regards,

Dipanjan

arpan_paik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

sap.sec.aksay is correct. However I prefer table AGR_USERS. Rest on you. Remember every time SUIM is not giving acceptable results. Where picking up data from tables is always good and safe.

0 Kudos

> Where picking up data from tables is always good and safe.

I have seen more than one occasion where people expect data to be in certain tables which have become obsolete. Reports generally are more reliable, provided one knows when and how to use them.

0 Kudos

Hi Jurjen,

You need to know that report picking data from table itself. Where some report get bug sometimes so report may not work properly as it is expected. I am not saying report are always wrong but in Service Market place you will find lot of error report on SUIM.

Arpan

0 Kudos

> I am not saying report are always wrong but in Service Market place you will find lot of error report on SUIM.

Point taken. Especially the parts where SUIM looks in the role menus instead of S_TCODE contents is a known problem. Looking into tables can cause similar problems because data can (and will) be moved without prior warning so advising tables over reports in't always good. That why I posted that warning. The user address data comes to mind first.....

0 Kudos

If a table showing obsolete data then report using that table will also show obsolete data.

0 Kudos

> If a table showing obsolete data then report using that table will also show obsolete data.

That is why, when SAP moves data, they also adapt the corresponding programs and function modules. Using bapi's, reports and function modules means that you do not have to know the physical location of the required information.

0 Kudos

That's why using tables is always safe and good as you can never be sure when a report will give you a erroneous data due to some bug in it self. It like picking data from back end rather that using report for better display in front end.

0 Kudos

So, we disagree, that's clear now

0 Kudos

We always have choice. It on us what we will choose

0 Kudos

> That's why using tables is always safe

I must confess that I laughed when I read this, but at other times over the years these tables have wasted a lot of my time which was not very funny at all.

Be very carefull with tables, particularly interpreting single fields of single tables!

If a standard reports deliver incorrect data or use obsolete tables, then feel free to flame it here on SDN... (in my opinion).

If you take a look at all the customer coding using obsolete tables and incorrect interpreations in the ABAP forums (or worse -> in customer systems!), then you will shiver. At least I do.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Its not about a obsolete table. Its that a table contain obsolete data. Let say for example if AGR_USERS contain obsolete data then SUIM will also show obsolete data. But vice verse always may not happen. Further to that if a standard report shows any incorrect data then the best place is to contact SAP instead of discuss here in SDN forum.